alluvial gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creekbeds original post was to the point & accurate !
So you think all of the posters above him were acting like Bunnings staff too? Just because they tried to help by leaving a link rather than a detailed answer?
Instead you all sound like Bunnings Staff. :rolleyes: "ohh go down to Isle 23 or go ask in the toolshop"

Yes Creekbeds post was very helpful, if he would not have added the ribbing he would not have got one back.
Just my two cents :rolleyes:

shivan said:
Yes Creekbeds post was very helpful, if he would not have added the ribbing he would not have got one back.
Just my two cents :rolleyes:

He attacked no one personally ? all he did was vent his frustration that only links were supplied before giving the answer to the Question !

dam it said:
Hope everyone has a AWESOME Australia day long weekend .
Please stop this . :(
Agreed.Close it ,boring.Too much of this bickering on here lately.

Australia day long weekend!

:cool: Surley there must have been a multi oz nugget found somewhere well populated, with the latest minelab GPZ or special coil or something?

First off I am neither arguing or attacking anyone, if it is/was taken that way I apologise.

He attacked no one personally ? all he did was vent his frustration that only links were supplied before giving the answer to the Question !
I never said he attacked anyone, but he did give all the posters who had posted a helpful link a ribbing did he not? If that one sentence was not there do you think mbasko would have responded the way he did?
I cant speak for mbasko, but he has taken the time to post some very informative and helpful posts in the past. So I can see why it could seem like an attack or a put down, even if it was not ment to be.

I think anyone that took the time to give an answer weather a link or a written description should be given a pat on the back for taking the time to try and help.

But is another good example of how one persons sense of humour or sarcasm can be taken many ways online.

Shivan I've known you for years on many sites & have always found you a decent person .

Sure Creeckbed ripped into the link posters :lol: so what !
You & I could have given the answer direct , that would have stopped this crap dead .

A member asked a simple question '' Creekbed answers it first , what happened next was uncalled for , that if why I'm defending him .

How is the study going ? :)

davent said:
Australia day long weekend!

:cool: Surley there must have been a multi oz nugget found somewhere well populated, with the latest minelab GPZ or special coil or something?
I'm out there trying mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Outback said:
Shivan I've known you for years on many sites & have always found you a decent person .

Sure Creeckbed ripped into the link posters :lol: so what !
You & I could have given the answer direct , that would have stopped this crap dead .

A member asked a simple question '' Creekbed answers it first , what happened next was uncalled for , that if why I'm defending him .

How is the study going ? :)
And I ripped it back into him Jack - so what? His comments I took to insinuate that the 3 previous posters didn't have the knowledge to give an answer. To me it was a pompous & uncalled for reply. For the record I could have answered the question in my own words to but as I said previously the link not only answered the question but expands on it a little bit in a way that I thought was better than I could have written it in a short time frame. I have linked to that site a few times for various questions as I find it useful & an informative site.
He could have left it & the comments about being like Bunnings staff out & I wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at his post which was otherwise helpful. I think I've given enough help to people on here to not have someone that has offered assistance only sparingly over nearly 3 years rip into me because they think they have some higher knowledge & pompous attitude to go with it. The Bunnings staff cliche I also found offensive as I know people that work there or have worked there. A couple are ex tradesmen & due to different reasons were or are still able to continue earning a living working there & would be more knowledgeable about most hardware than a great deal of people on here. They didn't put their hand out for the dole or a pension!
You think my suggestion (& if you care to read it properly it was a suggestion even if I made a sarcastic comment at the end - no worse than his initial comments) to acknowledge the source of information is about being provocative? It's about common courtesy to where your getting your info that he even admits to getting part of it "somewhere off the net" but then tries to say that it was maybe him who wrote it to begin with?? Somehow I don't think that's true Jack because the quotes I linked to have references to the material it was based on & theres no Neville from xyz forum mentioned but rather several geo/science texts.
Anyhow just another example of why some who try to help here frequently are getting tired of it & I'm now sorry I replied to this thread at all. Full of people who waited 24hrs to comment after the fact or until there's something or someone to stick the boot into. Where were all your brilliant answers? :rolleyes:
As Casper said the intent was to try & help the OP. We didn't deserve Creekbeds response or attitude either! Maybe he should step up to the plate more often to help more.

G'day Outback, its all good. I just find it frustrating how easily things kick off on the internet over the smallest thing. I have met some wonderful people through the prospecting forums and think its a shame so many wont post anymore because of the bickering and arguments that kick off. The thing is most of the guys arguing would probably get along fine around the fire with a few beers, but the dam internet seems to distort peoples intentions....

UNI is going well, though it has been frustrating doing so many math related courses, have statistics exam on 1st of Feb :mad: Then I finally get back into some of the geological stuff, as iam doing Optical Mineralogy and Field Mapping and Sedimentology next :D .

G'day Ben from my understanding, If gold was getting eroded from it source and traveling (eluvial) down the mountain/hills into a creek (alluvial), then at that point you would find both alluvial and eluvial gold.
A place a lot of us would love to come across :D

Latest posts