Qld vs Wa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A very general question I know but for those of you that have had experiences in one or both states going from developement to production on an alluvial and hard rock gold claim which state is less of a cluster to get the necessary approvals sorted out ? Paperwork has never been my strong point.

Thanks for the link. Thats some great advice there from Tony. Especially about sampling before actually putting your money down. Makes sense.
I only know WA...never been to QLD...but I would think WA has so much potential...we are a mining state.....pastoral lease are leasehold....not freehold and the only thing that will slow you down is aboriginal issues and even that is not a big thing if you know your way around it. Thing is, my advice is to concentrate on the area you know....there are some QLD miners over here at the moment running some gear....and whilst I don't know a lot of the details I would be running it differently! Having a home ground advantage is huge. As always it will come down to the dirt you have to work. Good luck!!

1. QLD laws are MUCH more restrictive than WA. in QLD prospecting is only allowed on private property with permission or in the very few and quite small General Prospecting Areas. Also there is no 40e.

2. Most of the QLD goldfields have a lot more vegetation than WA goldfields, to the point of some places it being nearly impossible to detect or even access.

3. The WA goldfields produce way more gold from detecting each year than the QLD ones, partially because of the reasons above and partially because they are simply richer.

1. QLD laws are MUCH more restrictive than WA. in QLD prospecting is only allowed on private property with permission or in the very few and quite small General Prospecting Areas. Also there is no 40e.

2. Most of the QLD goldfields have a lot more vegetation than WA goldfields, to the point of some places it being nearly impossible to detect or even access.

3. The WA goldfields produce way more gold from detecting each year than the QLD ones, partially because of the reasons above and partially because they are simply richer.
sure....but he is talking about working ground....not bush chooking about.

Latest posts