Advice for drawing up wash plant plans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of wash plants that were built by an old timer from his notes on paper and 'on the hop' as required. Can anyone advise if theres an 'easy' program or software that I could look into for converting the finished product into build plans? Falconxt's trommel plans for example look unbelievable but maybe unachievable for the novice?
thanks heaps stru

LibreCAD is an easy to use free 2D CAD program, open source and well supported.

Stru,

I'm a retired CAD manager (and still use it). In most instances a 2D CAD app such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD (the cheapest) will do the job.
Apart from needing a reasonable grasp of whatever App you use, you also need some idea of how to show engineering drawings.

If you are the one that is making the drawing, and then using it to build, then your own interpretation is all you need. However, if you do the drawings to provide to a manufacturer, you drawings will need to be more precise.

Without seeing how complex the item is and or how detailed the notes etc are, it's difficult to advise further.

Thanks Keitzy that does look simple and free...Condor your advice is very valuable and I appreciate your point about my own interpretation. I just figure itd be a shame for a design that works very well to disappear - and my memory isnt great so the clearer it is written down the better! I might start out with a sketch pad, itemise and measure all the parts and then take on the transfer to the technological front now that youve all given me some options to investigate. Thanks a heap guys.