Actually Building the Machine!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe, dont know, i think its just all for fun in first instance! You are making something you can and others cant, the building project is also a form of hobby, you are putting all skills in one package, and try to get some money out of it. Its also something you must take a risk for, you dont know its going to work but to get it work you need to try and just take the risk.

Hmm :rolleyes: Bit strange to tell it this way :D

Machine building is a risk, how manny people do think they can and buy all the things they need but never start!? Manny. This is also a risk for me but i also told my wife if i dont do this i will stop with programming stop with the robotics and sell my complete hobby. This is just something i want to do and stay doing. Even when i do not earn any money out of it, the stones have a value no matter what cut they have. If i leave my daughter a bunge cutted stones behind that are all good from quality she can earn some money. The next thing is: I have something to do :D having fun and stress, im home every day, got nothing to do :p building a machine to work with is just fun!

Its a hobby to build things! But its even more beautiful to cut a stone that God has made and to let its beauty shine as it should!

This is also why i do it! My dad has cutted manny Hauyns and manny tourmalines he's keeping the stones in a large display, if i see the display with all the stones in it i see blinking beautiful shining stones in there fire, telling that God made those for us to let our lifes also shine like those stones!

Hmmzz,

I'm sorry that i think that way :D probebly not expected :D hehehe. Ill just continue and stop with this crap above! Just going on with building and get the machine working! hehehe!

I build it with aluminium becourse i cant handle steel. The next thing is i need to build one and see what the flaws are trail and error. I done my homework but there still some things i dont have a solution for. But when im building it all up ill find the solutions for sertan problems.

Trail and error is probably the best way to do it, since you have come so long with the project already.

I on the other hand look for reasons not to do things first, see if there is anything that can go wrong. If so do a new calculation on paper, until there are so few risks left. I've got this from trading stocks and currencies for many years, only downside is that you start to think negatively all the time. (I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes to people with my negativity) Has helps me to stay out of bad desisions on several occasions though.

You have the skill for building the machine and to make it work too, hopefully it will cut stones down to 0.01 precision. That would be so awesome in my mind. :D
Really interesting to see it come to life and glad you made it open here on this forum for all to see.

I need to be negative lol otherwise if it isnt getting the machine what i have in mint i may be disappointed :D hehehe it's not a project for a few days! I must be carefull with things i do, sometimes you do things that looks so great but it is creating so manny problems that you can start better over again or worse to stop! Neh!

Im not negative, i had a rough week again almost a month drawing for 10 hours a day is taking its toll. I need to something else :- ) thats why i buyed an lot of guide rails (45 pieces) for cleaning. Just to do something else. And i hate the cold weather :D hehehe, also didnt search with my metaldetector for several months... Just need to do something else :)

20170223_120419A.jpg

A part of the lot hehehe (with both hands in my hair lol) I shall make a new photo when i receive it all... it's comming today, its also a risk of 350 euro's but i have something other to do then drawing and calculating. If i get it all clean and work proper again i can get a 1000 or more out of it, i could buy my x axis sensor :D

I thought about the machine i am building, there cant be that much that can go wrong. The most is calculated but there are things you only get to know with trail and error.

Wow, is that rust or oil?

Negativity can be good sometimes, specially when your setup cost so much. Dont want to spend money on things that you dont need or that doesnt work.
Sometimes it helps by just doing something completely different. Can be difficult when you cant stop thinking about the project though. :D

How is the weather at your place now?

Today, rain and about 4 degrees celcius. Its oil and wood, and hopefully not too mutch rust lol :D.

Ya, i need to do something else now, just made something to eat meatballs with lettuce and potatoes. The person who bring the guides wil soon arive and then we go eating :D throw my daughter in bed, and then look at the guides and make a start with cleaning :D lol

Haha, you seem to have a soft life.

The weather is about the same here in Sweden, I thought you would have better weather than me though.

Hope the guides wont give you to much trouble.

Hehehe its all the same :p rain rain rain! lol :D It's time for summer 30 degrees celsius and the water at 24 degrees, searching with the metaldetector in the water and finding gold! Hmmm dont like the cold weather!

Quartz :) and a red button as a kill switch! Uhm for testing?! I lett my first ''good'' cutted stones test in a lab and ill wait when i get my certificate!

So... almost done with cleaning (NOT) I have cleaned 16 out of 30 guide cars and got 11 in a good state for now. Seven of the 14 are now in the ultrasonic cleaner and hopefully there are another few that are good. Mayby i can get 20 pieces to work again and the rest... mmmzz its a shame that people throw all these things on a trash heep... and i need to pay 350 euro's for a bunch of rust! But when i can clean about 10 cars and let them run good again i can get my money out of it, had something to do and the rest is some extra $ for myself and my project. I cannot build the machine if i dont do this work and earn some money to buy parts. It takes several days to clean and to sell them again but this is the only way to get a machine up and running!

Img_2651.jpg

Greets,

Christian

They looked a bit rusty, nice you managed to salvage some of them.
How much money do you lack for the machine to be finished? Youve spent a lot already. :D

If it is all going as planed, 3000 euro's (money that i have to lay down by my own), spend with buying and selling 7000 euro's. So I need to sell for another 3000 to get to zero :p i doubt i reach that :D

I went to the shed tonight and i tried to clean a guide car with an steel brush and it worked! So if i get all the plastics good i could make 28 out of 30 back complete (i hope) some are realy bad... And i need to hope i got inaf steel balls... there are some lost... But even when i get 20 out of 30 i double my money. But i dont want to sell all of them becourse i have still some other machines to make like an saw!

Isn't there any risk that you will take off to much with a steel brush?

Haha, you will probably end up keeping them all, you seem to have a couple of projects going. :D
With such a big project money is always the problem, any other plans to get the money you need?

Mayby lol :D no, ill sell the most of the cars, i already have 8 of them 4 large ones and 4 the same as im cleaning now! I have 4 rails from 1560mm left, 4 from 1260mm and 6 of 476mm (all new). So 2 cars for each long rail and one for the short rails thats 16 + 6 = 22 cars. The rest will be sold, ill keep 14 :D hehehe, if i can get my money back then its oke! but i think i can get 24 good again, 10 for sale, each 35 euro's, 50 euro's with rail so i get my money back and i have the cars for free. This works almost every time. Unless, if the buy was a complete failure! It still can be a failure! But then i have earned mutch from the other stuff i already sold. I need to otherwise i cant build a machine! Still need 2000 euro's to spend for my machine! I have now about 1100 euro's. So i need to get another 900 euro's but have i still got a lot for sale ;-) even ruby's lol

No, don't sell the Ruby's, better to facet them with the machine first. Hang in there, you will probably manage to get the money some way.

Ill do my best! But as i say i still got a lot of other things for sale and i wont stop building the machine its too cool to see a machine that is faceting a stone :D

So! All guide cars cleaned! Saved: 29 out of 30!!! Also buyed some used ball scews for my Y axis... Pfff.... also cleaned :D and i have my INA bearings for the spindels that i want! And mayby, mayby i sold the guide cars... We shall see! Also sold some other things but still need a huge amound of money... but im almost there lol :p

Wonderful to hear Christian. 29/30 that is really good, in my negativity I thought you would lose at least half.
So what's your next plan? Have you come any further with the build, with the parts you got now I mean.

My next plan is selling those and other things :p lol! Mayby i can get the sensors for a bit less, i hope! But... The first plates are done!!!

Img_2675.jpg

Img_2676.jpg

Img_2677.jpg

Img_2678.jpg

Img_2679.jpg

Cant wait to draw the rest of the machine now!!! :D

Latest posts