A retirement plan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a dream come true. I have always wanted to drive a bulldozer!!
and the serenity that size lease would bring. Mmmm 120K Bargain.
A couple of years from now that's exactly where and what Ill be doing.

GT :)

..."Just have to find tyre finance now."...

But Doug...the dozer uses tracks, not tyres. :eek: ]:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GypsyGoldAu said:

Big fingers, small keyboard. The y was suppose to be a h.

Gypsy I know what a dozer has under it, I sit in one half the time I'm at work ]:D

1490177924_dozerblade.jpg

This is what I did to the blade on the last night shift. 8) 8) :mad:

Cheers

Doug

120k and all that land under lease and some gear mmmm. What's the real cost and legal obligation to make this purchase float.

I'm not concerned about machinery costs as such (could be needing a whole new dozer, prime mover, float and the list goes on or not) more the primary costs and obligations, machinery costs are secondary with regard to my question.

Rockhunter62 said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

Big fingers, small keyboard. The y was suppose to be a h.

Gypsy I know what a dozer has under it, I sit in one half the time I'm at work ]:D

This is what I did to the blade on the last night shift. 8) 8) :mad:

Cheers

Doug
Your a baa aad man...damn that looks expensive lol...

I was just jerkin ya chain mate, hence the 'correction' and ]:D ... ;) :Y:
My excuse is my fingers get ahead of/or is that behind, my brain as i'm typing lmao...

All good here. :D

Main concern is what rehab costs you might be inheriting . They can be many more times what you found in the first place but what a life chasing the dream ,I have to admire people with the balls to have a go. One day Maybee when the chicks have flown the coupe :D

All good Gypsy,

Just having a bit of fun myself. That blade is on a D11, they had it going in about 9 hours. They were lucky that they had another blade sitting around because that dozer was sent to town for a heart transplant. Now that was expensive for the contractor. ]:D ]:D

Cheers

Doug

I think we spend too much of our life preparing for the future. The old Mazda motorhome was a bit long in the tooth for full time travel so we bought a used 4WD Isuzu from the Melbourne auction and turned it into a motorhome. It was still ten years old but better than the thirty year old mazda.

I made the decision to give up work three years ago. Mrs M was a bit reluctant to do so but retired from teaching about six months later. We still have a big mortgage but we pay interest only and moved out of the house and put tenants in. Then we moved out of our office and store and put tenants in. Fortunately we spent ten years hard labour buying our little industrial block but it now gives us somewhere to live and a couple of rental units.

The biggest thing is that we just had to give up spending. We don't actively work most of the time but we live cheaply. It would be nice sometimes to have some luxury but I'm not prepared to waste time on work to achieve it. Because we had the time to look we came home with a half a kilo of gold last year. You can't do that with a job.

I'm sure once the kids have gone their own way most of us could have afforded a nice little mining project like this but we tend to follow along like sheep and do what's expected of us. Mrs M likes to come home once in a while but we don't have to come home to a four bedroom house with all the modcons. After spending about six months building it in our little industrial unit is quite comfortable. I still have my workshop to play in when I get home so I'm happy too :)

MB that is about how I'd like to do things. Got 2 boys that need to finish school and then I'll be dropping hints like no tomorrow. Already started as a matter of fact :D. She's not ready to sell up and sail around the world, can't work that out myself. Me having only sailed mirrors and 125's might have something to do with it :lol: :lol:

Was taking to a mate the other day, his lawyer suffered a massive heart attack and passed. He was very well off aged 64 had worked hard had plans for retirement, sad for him and his family :(.

Latest posts