A quick trip to the valley

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Met up with Bazza today to go for a drive and check out a few spots. Spent a bit of time at the bridge having a poke around. Managed to find a few interesting rocks and had a great day out, though I think barry got rock of the day with a nice piece of green jasper.

After that went for a drive to check out a spot Bazza had been looking at but unfortunately due to all the rain the road was closed, so we went for a bit of an explore instead.

Found a few fossils in some mudstone but nothing worth keeping.

After I got home took a few pics of my rocks wet and dry. Rocks are jasper, coal, petrified wood, chalcedony and agate as well as some tuff.

Was a great day out, unlike bazza .....I went for quantity over quality ;) So had to make an extra trip back down as my bag was still in the car :8 managed to fill the bag, so the trip back up was no fun :p

G'day DrDuck, honestly I was not sure if there would be much to be found anymore, but was happy to see there are still some nice rocks to be found. I only found two small pieces of agate and you can only really see it when it is wet and in good light, still put a smile on my face though :D

If you want agates your best off at bellata nsw near morree theyre all over the gravel roads n some really nice specimens as well

Cheers, may see what I can do next time I am up that way.

Popped over to the valley again today with the wife. Went downstream of the bridge this time, was a beautiful day. After poking round with my wife for a bit and trying to show her what to look for, I decided to go for a wade and look in the water. Was nice to cool off and I also made a few more nice finds, including a nice slither of agate and a decent size piece of petrified wood. Some of the rocks appear to be pitch stone and one piece looks very close to obsidian. Wife managed a few good finds too including and interesting piece of quartz.

Latest posts