A Personal Detecting Milestone Reached

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, after finding another little 1.2g nugget at the weekend it pushed my total to just over one ounce !
Been detecting for almost exactly a year now so well happy :D
1381719502_one_ounce.jpg

Thanks guys,

They were cleaned just using soap and a toothbrush :)
They all came from the GT (Vic).

Major Congratulations on such a great achievement.
Really just starting so will be interesting to see where I end up after 12 months.
More sluicing/panning than detecting but will no doubt go down that road sooner rather than later.
Some great looking nuggets amongst your lot.
Cheers Tom

Isn't it beautiful stuff. Congratulations-- one can only hope my luck will change
Pete

Great start billabong, clearing the state Forrest paid off after all :)

That deserves a big round of applause! :D

Well done, & looking fwd to your next milestone.

Cheers - Aggie

Billabong said:
Thanks guys,

They were cleaned just using soap and a toothbrush :)
They all came from the GT (Vic).

Billabong

may i ask what you estimate the ratio was of trash to gold that you had to dig to get your ounce ?

i have heard of guys having 100:1 and 200:1 ratios so i want to benchmark it to motivate myself on bad days ;)

Billabong

may i ask what you estimate the ratio was of trash to gold that you had to dig to get your ounce ?

i have heard of guys having 100:1 and 200:1 ratios so i want to benchmark it to motivate myself on bad days ;)

Thanks all :)

The trash to gold ratio would have to be around 100:1 looking at my collection of .22 bullets !!! (and the rest of the junk)
Although i have found plenty of coins and buttons as well which i don't mind :)

Latest posts