A Metal Detecter is just a Toy!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just felt like starting this post to make sure I'm just like most other people out there..
I'm 34 as is my partner of about 8 years, almost a year ago we put everything we had into finishing off a new house on her fathers 120 acres so things are a bit tight at the moment so once a month or so we like to relieve our frustrations by pointing out what unnecessary items the other is buying in a tone suited to the $amount spent.
Anyway It normally goes in one ear out the other and I have an early night and all is forgotten in the morning.
Well it's rego time for the 4x4 so partners cracking a shite about that, the blame was shifted back and forward till the Metal detecter was brought up..
I said at least it makes money!
She replied the Metal Detector is just a Toy!!

I had this hart felt reaction like a doctor saying we are going to remove your Balls!
I laughed at first, then went silent and I'm now still absorbing what she said..

Have a shite day, or week, feel a bit down, stressed, or angry.....go detecting for a couple of hours, and feel much better. Tell her that :) Dont tell her that, your think she wastes much more on shoes, cloths, handbags, makeup, haircuts/styling lol But those things, are prob therapy for her anyway.

Yeah I agree with Rocket. All hobbies and interests cost money. If someone is not into the hobby they don't understand why we spend our time, effort and money on it.
To me it IS good therapy. If I have something bothering me I go detecting and get into the zone. An hour or 2 detecting and I am much more relaxed. We all need an outlet. In the scheme of things a detector isn't that expensive. Buy some golf clubs or fishing gear......

We all have different priorities in life. As Rocket said, us mere men do not understand the need for a dozen or more pairs of shoes. :D 3 pairs is all ya need. Work boots, joggers and thongs. ;)

Ramjet said:
Yeah I agree with Rocket. All hobbies and interests cost money. If someone is not into the hobby they don't understand why we spend our time, effort and money on it.
To me it IS good therapy. If I have something bothering me I go detecting and get into the zone. An hour or 2 detecting and I am much more relaxed. We all need an outlet. In the scheme of things a detector isn't that expensive. Buy some golf clubs or fishing gear......

We all have different priorities in life. As Rocket said, us mere men do not understand the need for a dozen or more pairs of shoes. :D 3 pairs is all ya need. Work boots, joggers and thongs. ;)

And don't forget the dancing shoes for those special occasions - lol like weddings.

Detecting is serious stuff, your wife needs to be educated on that fact, "just a toy", she jests.......... :) There is no other hobby so exalted on gods green earth as..... detecting....... :)

Ya gotta love em DD,... bless their darling hearts,... this too shall pass,... it's just that your toy uses too many batteries(that's probably the cost she's counting),.... once a month you say(pondering thoughtfully)..... I know,...once a month we menfolk could stitch our mouths shut(still good for kissing),that'd keep them a little happier for a start,... My dad used to say that if he had no hole in his @ss there would be heaps of money, as eventually he couldn't eat anymore,.... so maybe a little further stitching could help alleviate those money woes as well DD. :D (ha)

Yes the detector is an outlet, my mind gets exhausted with thoughts and ideas then I go detecting for a while then I get back to the car and I'm settled and at peace.
(unless I just climbed up out of a big gully, then I'm probably Dyeing!)
Anyway thanx for the comments guys, just thought I'd put it up to give someone a giggle at my expense lol

DeckyDan said:
Hi guys,

Well it's rego time for the 4x4 so partners cracking a shite about that, the blame was shifted back and forward

You argue about a rego??????? 8)

1437702562_11745568_1607832296140129_7694947254009342207_n.jpg

Must be Ameerican.
Please excuse my dry state....
Ps,
Character is wearing socks and Thongs.
Oh Dear, Needs to get a life. PMSL

DeckyDan, do you take this gpx5000 to be your lawful wedded wife?

Do you promise to love it unconditionally in sickness and in health?

I do :p

Edit: Till death do you part?

I do.

I now pronounce you husband and detector.

You may now kiss the gold

;)

Latest posts