A Little Disappointed..??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all..the wife and I are traveling around this great country in a van...we were detecting in Victoria...not much luck...then we are told we have to be back in Brisbane in about 3 months...family stuff...I was quite happy to stick around Victoria.. NSW ...but the the cheif navigator (missus) decided that we would zip thru sth Aust ,..n go to west Australia so we did,..got to Norseman n went to Kalgoorlie as the roads south were closed due to fire...then to Perth..so now I have some internet (Vodafone is crap) ..I have done research on wat U can n can't do over here..I see that if you go n get your miners right...U can't go off to any where n detect...so I just seem that it's a bit difficult for detecting if you really don't know where you are going to be in the next couple of days...we are leaving Perth in the morning.. going to Augusta..then across to Esperance...then perhaps back up to Kalgoorlie...then goin' north...I just find it a bit disappointing that if you wanna have a go you have to be in a spot n get all the okays .. which could take a bit..then go at it...and yes ..I know the rules are there for a reason...n I ain't Gunna break em..and I should have been more organised..met one guy in pub in Kalgoorlie...he sez just go out to such n such place... you'll be right...hmmm... don't think so.. LOL.. thanks for reading my little rant... Dave :cool: :

once you have your Miners Right, technically you can head off & detect on UCL (Unoccupied Crown Land).
Unfortunately there is very little UCL in WA, it mostly already has leases or other restrictions on access. The tiny bits of UCL that are unoccupied are that way for a reason, not much good for :poop:

Thanks for your replys guys... we'll cruise around the state and take in the great scenery..it will make up for not detecting... tomorrow is another day and it will be great..as long as mods will delete my double post...
LOL...

Hi there Gassman , dont give up ask around in the caravan park at Leonora i am sure you will find some help

There is a apt thing you can get for the mobile phone its about $25 it gives you all the pending leases you can detect on them in WA I cannot remember the name but someone will regards john :Y:

old hand said:
There is a apt thing you can get for the mobile phone its about $25 it gives you all the pending leases you can detect on them in WA I cannot remember the name but someone will regards john :Y:

It's called "The Happy Prospector", I think it was $29 for android (basic but inproving) and $50 for the Apple version (improved). He's in the process of upgrading the android version.

Cheers

Doug

I am hoping to get over there sometimes this year..

I have my Miner right papers,

They say they last a life time..best get it protected in some kind of cover..

Any help would be great,

especially around Leonora WA

I have only got a SUV

And a small caravan

So can not get in to some of the 4 x4 spots

Goody :)

I thought WA and VIC were pretty good in regards to prospecting. Try living in SA...
Just grab a miners right, cheap, easy and last indefinitely.
Then have a play on this site.
https://geoview.dmp.wa.gov.au/geoview/?Viewer=GeoView
You will need to turn on/off different layers, start with tenaments live/pending.
It is daunting but stear clear of live (obviously)
Look at pending or vacant

Thanks for all the replys guys.. finally got internet...at Augusta...very nice here ....not having a whinge or sook Mr gold talk... just looking at the red tape n hoops U have to go through just to have a go...will come n see U at leonora when I get there... but where do I come n visit....??? ... Dave... :cool:

of course your having a whinge....I do it all the time!! If you can...go to DMIRS here in town and get a print out of the tenements around town. Drop in and see me...we are down near the old state battery...big sign out the front and some fairly large machinary in the front yard. If you can give me a call on 0418 277 861 a day or so
as we just moved out machinary yesterday and are under the pump. There is a good area just out of town that has a good history of nuggetty gold and it is available of detecting at the moment....doesn't mean you will get anything but it's a starting point.

cheers

tony

Hang on business numbers were ok in the past - it was only personal numbers that weren't allowed on the forum?
Goldtalk Leonora is/operates a business.
Rules:
Personal contact details are not to be posted on the forum, instead they should be added to your profile or sent via private message.

.....you guys rock.....
....such a great forum....
..... speak to you in a coupla days..

Good info here fella's I'm looking for a place I can go in July between Derby and Halls Creek.
I'm going to check out the happy prospector app, between that and Tengraph I should be able to find somewhere I wont get run off or equipment confiscated.
Cheers.

just spend the time do the research geo view wa happy prospector app ,pick a spot and do research, if if does,nt suit pick another,and another i started last year went by myself and new jack s....t new no one ,went spent a day with dept of mines doing a course on geo view wa and rules and regs first place was bit of flop ,researched again talk to some people on the ground and struck gold walked out 100 bucks a day of gold ,but most of all the challenge of doing it and the people that i meet along the way it was priceless (like above) and believe u me i had some challenges on the way,(some good some bad) but no one going to give u there place where they catch there fish ,but they will help u achive ..best of luck ..Flatlander

mbasko said:
Hang on business numbers were ok in the past - it was only personal numbers that weren't allowed on the forum?
Goldtalk Leonora is/operates a business.
Rules:
Personal contact details are not to be posted on the forum, instead they should be added to your profile or sent via private message.

what are you going on about?...I'm just trying to help the fella out.

Latest posts