5 Hours panning at Coles bridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought i would share a pic of todays efforts up at coles bridge, took the river sluice out for a test run to see how it performed, need to do some minor tweaks to it but overall happy with it!

There were a few people up there panning around the bend near the bedrock.

1550298094_coles_bridge_haul.jpg

Not bad it's a bit more then I got my last time out to Coles Bridge. You go out there much should team up some time. I got a decent high banker.

Digger762 said:
Not bad it's a bit more then I got my last time out to Coles Bridge. You go out there much should team up some time. I got a decent high banker.

I like to try to get out as much as i can whilst its warm and my partner and i are expecting child number 3 so another reason why im trying to get out as much as i can whilst i can, i live in bathurst so its about 30min drive roughly for me

I like to crevice up the hill a bit then put it through the high banker, I've not done very well digging in or near the creek. Dam it now I'm itching to get back out there :D

Also seeing as I just found put that high bankers have been made Illegal I haven't used mine since 2012, and looks like I wont be ever again for F--- sake. On the plus side I think I can modify it to be a decent sluice box or are they illegal too.

Digger762 said:
Also seeing as I just found put that high bankers have been made Illegal I haven't used mine since 2012, and looks like I wont be ever again for f@#k sake. On the plus side I think I can modify it to be a decent sluice box or are they illegal too.

From my understanding its anything powered is banned e.g a high banker with either an electric pump or petrol pump is illegal but a river sluice is ok because it has no mechanical advantage.

Where abouts are you located?

Latest posts