2013 finds the duck

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you find digging the lawn on public parks? I had a crack and there was a lot of kids running around and checking out what I was doing. I was waiting for someone to tell me to stop digging the lawn, do you get this at all?

I tend to stick to the outskirts of parks and mostly look for the older less manicured lawns, but when I do hit the more modern areas I just wait until late in the afternoon or a crappy overcast / rainy day.

Cheers mate, I thought about early morning, only would get people walking there dogs and what not. Has anyone ever told you to leave?

Mornings are OK, but this time of year you're more likely to bump into the lawn maintenance guys trying to get things done before it heats up. Just get yourself a head lamp and rock up at 3:30am (I've done that before), but be sure to have a spotter as you don't know who's lurking about at that time.

I haven't been told to leave any parks yet but I think that comes down to timing and how I conduct myself, cutting neat plugs, removing trash, not being disruptive to park goers etc.

As long as you're doing the right thing, worse case scenario is you get asked to leave, which is no big deal really.

No i use a tesoro vaquero im not keen on numbers although i have a tesoro cortes, for that i just go by tone and discrimination mainly discrimination the tesoro wont sound off on bottle caps ring pulls iron or 5c or 10c coins just copper and silver and gold but i do get a lot of aluminium screwcaps

good point duck I had my best finds under old house coins fell between the floor boards so I lined up the gaps and just felt for coins a long the lines I found about 30 coins took me a long time to run the copper pipe under that old house a few old silver coins in the mix no longer have them :(

1384575523_sam_0167.jpg

1384575479_sam_0166.jpg

Went back today 52 gippsland regiment badge 4 pennies 5 half pennies one threepence and some change

Nice work duck, finding a round 50c is awesome. Wouldn't be many of those lying around!

Nice little stack you have there duck!
Plenty of cash for a six pack and a bottle opener just in case they are not twisties! lol
No serious, nice find for a Christmas hunt. I got out for just over an hour today with my new machine, found 2 pennies, $2 and a smashed up $1, so you did better than me!
I'll be hitting the beach for the first time ever in a couple of days, sooo looking forward to it. I'm hoping I get some gold :p

Nice work again duck ;)

SF

Great haul there Duck. The season is approaching where the depositors are out in numbers. ;) Good luck on the next hunt mate.

Wal.

That's an awesome score there. Better than mine by far. I wish I was that fortunate.

Very nice Mr. Duck, beaches seem to be more valuable than the hills by the looks of it :)

Latest posts