2013 Finds - Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that's seams to be right about finding your first pre decimal it gets easier. I am still very new to the hobby l have been out six times, and l was getting frustrated about not having any till l found a 1944 sixpence on my fifth trip. My count is now sitting on 6 from 6 days happy hunting and good luck cheers vicplates.

WOW! never seen one of those! Some old coins are cool, Wouldnt mind finding nice ones like that :D

Very interesting find , any idea of the age , or do they still issue them .

Hey Nugget I did a bit of searching on your token and they used to use them at Burrendong dam toll gate to get in and out of the park after hours. ;)

Nugget said:
Thanks Pete, do you have any links that I could check out?

No I dont, I just typed in cave tokens I think it was and something come up in google that I read about the tokens being used at the Burrendong dam toll gate. I remember using the tokens my self going in and out of the place years ago but i never really bothered to have a look at the damn thing :/ They just take coins know but I will ask next time I'm there about the tokens and see if they have any left :D

Ramjet said:
I had a quick Google.
Found references to needing a token to exit the park. Available at the office.
But no pics unfortunately.

Hey Rod,

Burrendong is an excellent place to go with your van,all facilities & close to some good gold areas

Pete

Latest posts