2012 Finds - Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunday was a hot day here in the Hunter Valley, so what a better time to hit the beach in search of lost treasure.

Here are my finds:
1 x $2
2 x $1
2 x 20c
2 x 10c
4 x 5c
4 x US One Dime
1 x US One Cent
1 x Cross (metal currently unknown)

I'm surprised I didnt find more given the number of people on the beach that day but overall I'm pretty happy with my finds, especially the US coins :)

1rp11v.jpg

Hit the beach again last night but only ended up with $8 in moderns and a junk earing. Will have to see what tonight has install.

Here's lastnights finds.

The rock in the pic is very interesting, it's smooth as, non magnetic but shows up on the detector, it's also perfectly symmetrical.

The chain is .925 sterling silver, I'm not sure about the keys though. I believe the charm is also sterling silver but the earing is junk jewellery.

otdjyq.jpg

Well, it was a disappointing evening on the beach, scored $3.95 in moderns and a crappy bracelet.

I can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive :)

I went out to an old ruin yesterday and found padlock (in the picture), I have no idea how old it is but I believe the site to be late 1800's or very early 1900's. The ground is extremely trashy due to squatters and hooligans so I dug a few bottle tops and pull tabs. Oh, and I found a 2 cent piece lol

I'm heading back in the next couple of days so we'll see if I can dig up some old coins :)

2ro5cw1.jpg

rtjnn9.jpg

Well no luck on my return trip, I think it may have already been done to death or contained no real treasure in the first place.

I'm not sure if it's called chocolate hill, its at the back of Greta.

Today Wooster and I finally caught up for a swing at a nearby town (Broke NSW) for a couple of hours. Within the first 10 minutes I found an 1888 Silver SIXPENCE, it appears to have been hit by a lawnmower or something causing it to bend like a banana. I'm really stocked about this find as its my oldest coin to date. Unfortunately we didnt have any further luck but we did have a lot of fun.

It was great meeting up with Wooster, he's a top bloke and I look forward to it again.

1z4g9rd.jpg

hs9sh1.jpg

It was good catching up finally nugget good to see the sixpence mate well done ... not really jealous much lol

TassieJack said:
Nice coin, maybe the 11 inch dd would have found some more.

Yeah possibly, it was pretty trashy in places but I might see how it goes next time.

How much coinage did you guys end up finding during 2012?

I ended up with close to $140 which isn't too bad considering I only started coin shooting late October. This year my main focus is to find more silver pre-decs, relics and hopefully some gold too :D

Latest posts