2 hrs today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that would be macadamia castle at knockrow .. grass is always greener i guess .. im always wishing i lived in the G.T or anywhere else in victoria but i guess we have it pretty good up here in our own ways. See , all these things you find novel are just the same old crap for me , i grew up with composting toilets and mjdbrick houses etc so they do nothing for me .. be glad to pull over and take some pics of bananas and bamboo for you atomrat .. will be later in the week before im passing them in daylight hours though ..sorry op we have kinda sidetracked your thread , looks like busted bits off the old bridge to me but i could be wrong , depending on how far down the creek you were there is patches of it everywhere , never seen it upstream of old bridve though ..pebblecrete is my guess also

Hello 5 ft fossicker,
I also live near Murwillumbah in (Chillingham). At the moment I am looking after a very large property with lots of creeks and a waterfall which I'm pretty sure has never been fossicked. I have only just started fossicking a few weeks ago and I have just spent today fossicking (Just picking lChrystal, Chaldcedony and some Agate out of the creek) at a friend's property high up in the hills at Limpenwood. This property backs onto the Nature Reserve but has it own absolutely beautiful creeks and Waterfalls, and a rarely seen Aboriginal sacred site along this creek which will totally surprise when you see it. ??
Although my friend has a great interest in fossicking , and has collected quite a few finds on his property over the years, neither of us know that much, especially me. So we would like to know if you were interested in having a fossick for yourself. All we ask is to please provide us with some of your knowledge on the subject. And also be capable of pulling leeches off a screaming female if the need arrives. I will handle the snakes and big spiders in return.
This is a good chance to fossick on private property ,especially in the coming warm weather as it can be cooler up there and the Waterfall has a swimming hole. Plus your help on the subject will be very appreciated.
Only restriction is no dogs allowed, because of the many tame wallabies that hang around the house.

Hi Tbabs, 5ftfossicker hasn't logged in for nearly a year. Keep reading the forum and you should get some pretty good info and hopefully find the info you need. What specifically are you looking for? Or just looking for anything that sparkles? :) I couldn't find much gemstone info for your area except the Chillingham Agate occurance which I inserted below. There are also plenty of Manganese occurences nearby which could indicate Rhodonite, which is a nice semi-precious gemstone also.

Met_prefix: TWEED HEADS
Met_no: 0089
Geo_province: New England Orogen
Metal_dist: Tweed
Op_state: not operating
Op_status: never worked
Op_method: no workings
Lga: Tweed
Locality: Chillingham
Msn_age: Triassic
Compiler: JW Brownlow
Last_update: 2004-06-22
Occur_size: Occurrence only
Update_hist: J.W. Brownlow, unknown
Notes: Lease plan. No sign of workings, but boulder and cobble-sized chalcedonic thunder eggs in altered rhyolite present in garden beds around house (Brownlow,Field work, 2000). Mainly white and clear chalcedony, plus grey, flow banded rhyolite and green-altered rhyolite seen. Probably residual deposit derived from weathering of thunder eggs in rhyolite of the Chillingham Volcanics (Brownlow, fieldwork).
Commodities

Cheers

Latest posts