18v cordless range recommendation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LORD

Jay
Reaction score
Hi all,
in the market for some goodies to build/fill my shed.
Has anyone used the bunnings range called AEG??
Wondering if they are alright, they seem sort of mid range from what I can tell.
Looking for drill, driver and grinder but once a brand is picked I guess all future will be the same too....
Would love Milwaukee but that's a bit out of my price range

Ryobi

1554983185_th_5.jpg

I started my Ryobi 18v collection before last Xmas by getting a blower and trimmer kit with 5AHr battery. My kids got me a brushless hammer/screwdriver/drill for Christmas. Oh, and a Ryobi bag. They are all great tools and work really well. Got a birthday coming up in a couple of months so more skins will go on the wanted list. Fathers Day later in the year. So many tools Id like to add. Brilliant!

Aeg is Bunnings Milwaukee same company, good stuff I have all Milwaukee for work but have Aeg line trimmer, blower and Chainsaw good gear for the money. I see contractors with full Aeg kit all the time, depends on how much you intend to use them. Only the rich can afford cheap tools!

AEG and Ryobi both owned by the same parent company, TTI , also own Milwaukee, Empire, Hoover, Homelite and many more.

AEG have been around for many years, quality has always been recognised as pretty good, trade quality tool.

Ryobi also recognised as a good quality home handyman and diy range, gathering more followers with their 18v Plus One range. Don't reckon you'd go wrong knitting yourself out with Ryobi, pretty good warranty as well.

If you buy the Ryobi multi tool the head can be removed and all the AEG attachments will fit the body saves on buying a complete skins. I was shown this by a AEG rep when I was I Bunnings.
Cheers db

Gday

I have been also buying Ryobi one gear for several years now, its not trade quality gear but more than enough for the home handyman, the batteries are a bit pricey but I recently saw in ebay there are after market li ion ones available a bit cheaper, usually I get Bunnings gift cards from the kids for xmas and birthday so each year I buy something that I might use, last year I bought a garden blower so out went the petrol one that I had.

Also have the rotary hammer drill, that goes in the toolbox for bush trips, just big enough to break out the odd nuggie, I mean to drill the odd hole, well not that I would use it for that though as that would be illegal apparently. :lol:

cheers

stayyerAU

I agree with 7.62 Marksman, I used complete set of about 14 cordless Ryobi Tools full time working in the Building trade and they never let me down and the batteries are way cheaper than every other brand, Makita would always be my number one choice But Ryobi would be my second choice, I did every thing with those tools and nothing could kill them In fact the only reason I don't use them now is because some ***** Stole them, But before that I made my Living with them 24/7 and I had them for at leased 6 years until they vanished, I love their little impact driver and the cordless circular saw, Magic little tools, I did every thing from fitting Kitchens and bathrooms fitting Heavy duty Fire Doors and School Gym Sprung wood Floors, you name it I did the lot.

hope that helps,

J.

Aldi fantastic $40 for batteries $20 for charge all sold separate .when the tool are on sale I have purchase them individual 4 inch angle grinder 2 drills 1/2 inch and a smaller 1 vacuum cleaner jig saw and a impact gun the drills have done a lot of work and are great the impact gun was the most expensive around $70 regards john

This thread is perfect timing for me. My hedge trimmer died last week and I need a new one. So I am now considering what cordless range I should go into, Ryobi is up there.

Has anyone used the Ryobi 18v, extended pole hedge trimmer?

I'm guessing if their other stuff is good, then this should be too. I plan to expand into chainsaws etc so I can take them out bush.

I have the pole hedge trimmer it's well made but does get heavy after a while. It will handle the larger branches with ease.
cheers db

Darn, lost my post, so here I go again.

One of my sons has been a compulsive purchaser of the yellow Ryobi series, even though he couldn't afford it. But he has never had any problems with them that I am aware of other than lending them to mates, so would have to use my tools instead.
But at a workshop where I do a lot of volunteer work, they also purchased several of that series and they have had several problems, mainly with batteries and chargers.
Me I have been using the Bosch Professional series for quite a few years and would find it hard to go back to the cheaper ranges, as I want performance and reliability over price. Yep, pay through the nose, but they are good kit. Another son uses the same Bosch gear as he previously worked at Bunnings and got them at a discount.

I would definitely stay clear of Ozito and the other very cheap brands as I know of many failures with those.

Rob P.

Latest posts