18" coil choice information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I wonder why the Minelab 18" DD and Mono coils are not mentioned in forum very much and do not feature in video'd depth comparison tests with other brands.

I think to consider the addition of the Minelab 18" DD tied to my GPX 4800.

I feel this (these) coils are the ideal match for the Minelab GPX detector due to Minelab's original product testing and special configuration for same.

I searched for the coils release date and couldn't find a release date.

From the original release have they ever been upgraded?

Are they superceeded by other manufacturers coils with perhaps newer technologies?

Overall I am wanting to fill a gap in my coil arsenal.

I use the following coils..

Minelab 11" DD

Minelab 15 x 12 Mono

Nugget Finder 2006 release 18" mono that is just being swapped out to the NF Advantage 18" Mono.

I also think about not considering the larger Minelab 18" DD and to look towards a 15" DD to fill my coil arsenal gap!

I lean towards the Detech 15" DD as the best alternative choice.

Anyone like to assist me with their thoughts to help me decide will be appreciated.

Thank you
Steve Wilko....

Steve Wilko said:
I lean towards the Detech 15" DD as the best alternative choice.
I think you answered your own question Wilko?
If I was looking for a mid>large DD coil then the Detech 15" would be on top of the list. I never really tried using DD's much with the GPX but in hindsight maybe should have given more thought to them in some areas especially the mid to large sizes. I think every GPX owner should have at least one DD coil in their kit.
Nenad would be the best bloke to contact & get his thoughts on them. He's done a couple of vids on it:

Thanks for your response mbasko I appreciate your input and assistance.

It is the contrast in technologies that I am greatly interested in. I was querying the new versus old in technologies - if any.

There certainly is the gap in my kit by step up in sizes;

11" DD -> 13.5" Mono -> ?? -> 18" Mono,

I don't have a concern about any weight factors when considering the Minelab Commander 18" DD as a purpose built coil for the Minelab GPX.

I am seeking comparisons in technology between the two coils I mentioned.

Minelab 18" DD I find is without video'd comparative tests, I am uncertain with it's release date and/or upgrade if any.

Accordingly, the Detech is newer tech, fits my arsenal configuration in size but not only for this reason I trust it will get very close to the configuration specs of the 18" Commander.

Done deal! I will go with the Detech jobbie...

All the best, catchya in the field soon....
Thank you again
Wilko

Latest posts