12 months with the sdc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been 12 months (last March) since i took up gold detecting and bought an sdc, and i thought i do a tally up of the gold i've found.
After reading Utbn's Gpz gold thread elsewhere my results for the year pale into insignificance, but overall i'm very happy and can't even remember the last time i went out and didn't score at least one or two specks, which is great and keeps me going.
My tally for the twelve months is just over 60 grams of gold by itself, plus quite a bit of gold on quartz speccies and quite a few larger pieces that need crushing to extract the gold. The biggest nugget i've found is 1.2 -1.3 grams from memory.
So all up i'm very happy with the results and my sdc :) :)

Will we see a photo SCROUNGER ,... or a painting of it mate, poetic licence could enable a beauty handful coming up out of a bucketful of glimmering gleaming gorgeousness ! :p

silver said:
Will we see a photo SCROUNGER ,... or a painting of it mate, poetic licence could enable a beauty handful coming up out of a bucketful of glimmering gleaming gorgeousness ! :p
Artistic licence hey silver. I could make it look a lot more than there actually is :lol: :lol:

dam it said:
:eek: did you leave any for ME ;)
Nar thats awesome in my book :)
But was just thinking :eek: I know should not do that :eek: but how many Nuggys :)
:D
I do seperate the slightly larger from the fly speck pieces dam it. If i get time tomorrow i'll take a pic of all the gold not including the speccys and larger rocks. I'd reckon there are only two or three pieces over a gram and maybe ten or so around 1/2 gram but under 1 gram.

Nice tally Scrounger :cool: hope you have it all in one bottle so you can toss it in the air and feel that golden weight hit your palm as it tries to make its way to the centre of the earth. :p :p :p

Now I'm seeing a golden hard core centre worth digging for ,... steamy sweat full bore all the way to the ultimate goal ,... anyone know what sort of bracing is needed for Magma ? :D

Well all I can say is congratulations mate, great return. Hope for you the next year is much more lucrative, I'm sure there's a decent one out there with your name on it patiently waiting for your coil.

Goldtarget said:
Well all I can say is congratulations mate, great return. Hope for you the next year is much more lucrative, I'm sure there's a decent one out there with your name on it patiently waiting for your coil.
Thanks mate, i'm putting in the hours and covering the ground, so i just need to get the coil over a big one before somebody else does :lol:

We'll done mate, sdc even let's gooses like me find gold nearly every time. I got mine in October last year and have clocked 78g. Lots of looking though.

spikegold said:
We'll done mate, sdc even let's gooses like me find gold nearly every time. I got mine in October last year and have clocked 78g. Lots of looking though.
Well done spikegold, you're in front of me in weight and found in less time. Where do you detect, the GT or elsewhere?

Thanks mate but honestly I might have been out looking more often, 4-5 days most weeks. All detected in GT. All from smashed areas. Still haven't broken the gram barrier though, been very close but no cigar.
Cheers for all your gold pics over last 12 months scrounger, keep em coming

Well done Scrounger and Spikegold. They are both very impressive results, especially from sub gram pieces, and the result well worth the investment on the machine. Not to mention all the fun you've had finding it. I'm still searching for the bigger pieces and only about a tenth of you guys. I live in hope of catching up real quick.
Keep at it and good luck!
Cheers Dignit

Latest posts