⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig nit yes I understand what you are saying ,I had a hip stick and used it for many years, these day I use a small bar that goes from one shoulder strap to the other with a VEE in the centre ,I have found this to be good taking the weight on both shoulders regards john :)

Dig'n-it said:
old hand said:
GGA ok
Dig nit I only detect of a morning and some time 5 day but manly 4 days a week, to be honest I think its was a 0.1 or 0.2 I do not tend to weight the smalls ,the one I got today was 6.0 grams the other bit a small piece I did not weigh
The 15 light weight evo I have found to be a good all-round coil work it slow keep it on the ground ,iv have been using inverted with good results if theirs a noise under the coil just keep checking it out regards john :)
Thanks Old Hand
0.1 or 0.2 is impressive. May have to save up and get the 15 light weight Evo.
Suffering a bit of RSI in the shoulder and neck at the moment. Getting old and wearing out. Just ordered a hip stick to hopefully help with the strain. The light weight aspect is certainly of interest to me.
Thanks for sharing. Cheers Dignit
At my age I forget about ordering the hipstick and just order a new hip :D

Old Hand or should I say John,
You got me interested in running in inverted on my 4500. I've seen you mention it a couple times. Two days ago I went and done some tests on nuggets from less then .1 to 4g. You are right! The targets running in inverted have a more louder pronounced signal. I found running in normal the targets are still there but not as obvious at depth . Thank you for the tip. Next trip inverted all the way.
Cheers :)

Forgot to mention, where I did the testing(back of property near house power lines ) I had to run a DD in cancel but it was obvious inverted had the edge to my ears.

Hi Hedigs when running in cancel you can take it out of enhanced to normal and crank the rx up even the target volume
1464767896_p1040286.jpg

I found this a few years ago under power lines using a 16 xp DD NF regards john :)

old hand said:
Dig nit yes I understand what you are saying ,I had a hip stick and used it for many years, these day I use a small bar that goes from one shoulder strap to the other with a VEE in the centre ,I have found this to be good taking the weight on both shoulders regards john :)
John. Sounds like a good way to go. Great tip. Thanks. Dignit aka Andy

old hand said:
Hi Hedigs when running in cancel you can take it out of enhanced to normal and crank the rx up even the target volumehttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3528/1464767896_p1040286.jpg
I found this a few years ago under power lines using a 16 xp DD NF regards john :)
Ned no under response you will find normal or inverted on 4500 5000 and I can not remember if the 4000 has it
Hi oldhand...
Was this an XP coil with the switch, or was it the later version XP without a switch?

Also, YES the 4K also has the capability to utilize Inverted as well, not that i have used it much myself but now i will give it a crack after i finish each patch just to see if it reveals anything more..

Gypsy

Some nice far north Qld Nuggets, only the 3.8gm was loud and clear (3inches), the others were less than 8inch deep but still not quite as prominent as i would've liked from the 7000... All found in/around bedrock...about 8km walked for this amongst wild pigs, wild horses and wild bulls!!! love it. tad over 8gm in total.
1464840850_giddiup.jpg

Beautiful colour Stru, how about posting some pics of the terrain you're detecting for us southerners. That second one in from the left looks like a viper about to strike, and that third one across is a bloody ripper shape. well done.

Latest posts