⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter K said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6293/1462845440_nugget_1.jpg

Hi All,

This is my first find with my 10 yo boy. have been detecting beaches and parks for nearly a year now and enjoying it, so off we trotted to Maryborough to try our luck at some gold. A quick intro to the GPX 5000 and some great advice from the guys at the local shop and off we went. dug lots of holes(actually my son did (he loves swinging a pick!) lots of lead shot and small bits of iron kept revealing themselves but found this 50 metres away from the car. The look on both our eyes was priceless when this stone started to ping on the coil. we started washing away the dirt and saw that first sparkle. and that was it, a memory that will last forever.

Cant wait to get back out there. :)

Good score, great memory, and with your son (excellent) PeterK...just wondering, as in your words your new to this hobby, and it may be of help (if not at least to other new hobbyists who aren't aware), did you remember to sweep the hole again once you had the specie (and other targets you retrieved) out?

Just ask the members how many have found GOLD in detector holes... :lol:

You wouldn't want the next incident of that to be from YOUR hole would you?... 8.(

:eek: :p :lol: :cool:

Gypsy

Good point GGA the times that Ive pulled more that nuggy from the same hole is amazing :D
And always give other peoples unfilled hole the once over before filling in .
some people dig a big hole and then leave a perfectly good nuggy behind

Hi gypsy

It's a great point and I'll be honest, with in all the excitement there's a good chance I didn't, well not properly any way. I actually brought it up with my son and we weren't sure so I'd say you are right we didn't check it properly. Thanks for the advice and to all the other people that have made comments, a big thank you. My son has enjoyed reading all of them.

Pete :p

Got a couple of small bits this afternoon. Probably about 0.5g :)

1463214701_20160514_181830.jpg

Great finds guys. I never get sick of seeing them. Big or small I love them all haha.
That speccie is awesome peter k. Well done to you and your son

Chinese coins used for target practice, they are brittle so they break up

'LET' is obviously not Chineese, could be part of a button

Wally69 said:
Chinese coins used for target practice, they are brittle so they break up

'LET' is obviously not Chineese, could be part of a button
Thanks Wally69 ;)
Would seem like a waste of money to use money for target practice :eek:
But if worth nothing shooting them into peices makes smaller peices still worth nothing :lol:

Tried a town new to me in the VIC GT yesterday but only found a 0.65g. Too much rubbish, every couple of meters, for my patience. Then went to near a known spot and found the 0.15. So not an overly successful day but got to try somewhere new, and at least came home with something. The tally is growing slowly. Cheers :D
1463287850_image.jpg

Latest posts