⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking nuggets Nenad good job. I was lucky enough to use a 12 inch Evo briefly at a meet a few weeks ago. What a great coil. Smooth as a baby's bum, and I really liked how easily it glided over the ground without hopping and bouncing over rocks and stuff. Think I'll have to get 1 when I can afford it. :)

I had a go at using the backpack as the harness and a hipstick just to lighten the load a bit,worked ok and I could take food , jacket etc.

Some bits found on my last few trips whilst getting to know my new machine and coil. GPX4500 14"mono Elite. :)
1462797238_nugs.png

1462845440_nugget_1.jpg

Hi All,

This is my first find with my 10 yo boy. have been detecting beaches and parks for nearly a year now and enjoying it, so off we trotted to Maryborough to try our luck at some gold. A quick intro to the GPX 5000 and some great advice from the guys at the local shop and off we went. dug lots of holes(actually my son did (he loves swinging a pick!) lots of lead shot and small bits of iron kept revealing themselves but found this 50 metres away from the car. The look on both our eyes was priceless when this stone started to ping on the coil. we started washing away the dirt and saw that first sparkle. and that was it, a memory that will last forever.

Cant wait to get back out there. :)

Good on you Peter. That is a memory you will never forget, especially having your son there. I have a 11 year old boy but haven't found any gold with him. End of the day it's about getting out and having good times together. All the best mate.

Real Nice specie Peter & son. Great geology lesson in it as well. The gold insitu with quartz and other rock. Can certainly apprrciate the life long memory in finding the gold together. I'm looking forward to getting away with my 19 year old in July (Uni hols) and hopefully finding our first gold together. It will be memorable. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Dignit

Latest posts