⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like most 6000 users ARE finding similar gold, but the weight and ease of use are sufficiently important features for them to justify the outlay. However I doubt that the 6000 would have the depth capability to match your 4500 and it certainly doesn't have the range of coils that are available to you.
Yes I agree, you can't beat the range of coils by a long shot. I reattached my 12" Evo yesterday and got a 0.5g at 10". Now there is no doubt a 6 would find that but I was impressed because when I got it out the tiniest tip of the piece was showing - the rest was wrapped in a ball of clay. That says to me that the clay would have masked the signal substantially but I am no expert. Anyway I was impressed that the signal was JUST audible enough to make me pull up. I swear until I was about 4" down I thought I was chasing ground noise!

Seems like most 6000 users ARE finding similar gold, but the weight and ease of use are sufficiently important features for them to justify the outlay. However I doubt that the 6000 would have the depth capability to match your 4500 and it certainly doesn't have the range of coils that are available to you.

True, we don't have the range of coils but how often do you change your coil. I've had my GPX4500 for abou 8 years and apart from a few times when I didn't have the strength to swing the Coiltek 14" Elite this coil was on there every day. However the weight if this coil has been a bit too much for me these times so I appreciate the featherweight GPX6000 even though it has its limitations when it comes to depth.

Phil today.jpg

Whatever the coil, you still have to swing over the gold. We took the weekend out and considering the value of the machine the GPX6000 didn't do that much better.

Sandra today.jpg

Mrs M was swinging the SDC2300 and turned up some really nice gold :D

1 oz per hole is a good result.....now just need to find some holes like that!

I'm hoping the GPX4500 is going to help with that. Tomorrow I'm off to somewhere new, three hours drive into the back of beyond on pending ground where there's evidance of gold being found before. I only have the GPX6000 for this trip but the main test is of my new camper setup. The bigest issue is the 35°C forcast but I can't change that.

I'm hoping the GPX4500 is going to help with that. Tomorrow I'm off to somewhere new, three hours drive into the back of beyond on pending ground where there's evidance of gold being found before. I only have the GPX6000 for this trip but the main test is of my new camper setup. The bigest issue is the 35°C forcast but I can't change that.
You're a brave man going on a solo expedition with just the 6000, after all the issues you've had with it! Best of luck anyway and please take care out there.

You're a brave man going on a solo expedition with just the 6000, after all the issues you've had with it! Best of luck anyway and please take care out there.

I have the DD coil and a spare new 11" mono. I've got the SDC2300 for backup but I don't intend to use it and I expect t return in a week.

Well done Phil, great vid.
You didn’t lose your bottle around tabletop, I seen a bottle on the track hit the skids, jumped out and bugger, well used but empty.
Made me think what to do if i it had of been full though, I’ve always believed in karma and if it had of been a wallet I would have dropped it off to the cop shop.
Good luck on your next journey .

This is our gold from our four days away last week. It's been soaking in Alibright so most of the stone has gone.

View attachment 11309

We had hoped for something similar last weekend but I guess you can't take it twice ;)

Nice little decomposed ore body you got thier Phil, I hope you do what I would bro 😉

This is our gold from our four days away last week. It's been soaking in Alibright so most of the stone has gone.

View attachment 11309

We had hoped for something similar last weekend but I guess you can't take it twice

True, we don't have the range of coils but how often do you change your coil. I've had my GPX4500 for abou 8 years and apart from a few times when I didn't have the strength to swing the Coiltek 14" Elite this coil was on there every day. However the weight if this coil has been a bit too much for me these times so I appreciate the featherweight GPX6000 even though it has its limitations when it comes to depth.

View attachment 11286

Whatever the coil, you still have to swing over the gold. We took the weekend out and considering the value of the machine the GPX6000 didn't do that much better.

View attachment 11287

Mrs M was swinging the SDC2300 and turned up some really nice gold :D
You're right Phil, we don't change them often, I have just swapped my Evo's around - the 12x8 was on for about 3 months. It appears to me also that the 6000 is very well suited to the WA Goldfields because on the whole what I see come out of the ground is very shallow so the difference in depth capability compared to the 4500 doesn't matter anyway. Well done, great finds. 👍

Just a quick one to let you know, I’m still out there trying.

IMG_5950.jpeg

I’ve posted this from the mobile because my computer is playing up. Mrs Moneybox is busy for the next few days so I’m heading back bush again. Gold’s been hard to find with most days little to nothing but on the last day, it went well.

Yesterday was hot, much hotter than the previous week.

Yesterday.jpg

The gold was still coming but it was getting smaller and less with each pass. I decided then to make it my last day although I did duck out this morning for another five bits totaling 0.8g before I packed up at 8:00am and headed for home.

I manage to sneak off for a few days this week, between 35+ days and a barrage from the fly army I managed a 1.5gram nug and a specie about 600mm down.
Just curious on thoughts of the gold weight in the specie, its dry weight is 778g and wet it weighs 534.
I’ve never tried a specific gravity test, just curiosity before pulling the dolly pot.

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpeg
    IMG_3407.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 3
Hippyty, not sure what you mean by the wet weight. If you suspended the specie from the scales so it was fully submerged but not touching the container and that was the 'wet weight' you report then, with the equation I use (for species in quartz), it would have about 152g gold in it. If you plonked it in a tared container of water to get a wet weight then I don't have a clue!

My wet weight was suspended, I tried a few formulas I found online and came up with similar results.
I’ve dollied half, I’m a bit sceptical but time will tell, I had to cut it short yesterday because I was pissing the neighbours off🙄

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts