⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I headed up to north WA with a couple of mates for a couple of days late last week. On Friday we weren't finding anything and feeling a bit despondent by lunchtime wondering if we should move camp. I had been using an SDC for the morning, but not being content with sitting in my camp chair during lunch, I turned on the Gold Monster for about half an hour. With my sandwich in one hand, gold monster in the other and a mouth full of flies, I whipped around a small area near to where we sitting. Not finding anything, I left it on and walked back towards the navara. 2 metres from the car I got a signal. I thought it must have been a false positive, a bullet or some other trash, but thought I better dig it. Sure enough, my first nugget with the gold monster...

1634514517_20211015_125122.jpg

... this got my two mates up off their seats and we tried again, my mate going back to a tree root he had thought he had a super soft signal at earlier in the morning. Sure enough a nugget was caught up in the roots. We now had two nuggets, and a wondered if we had found a vein as we scoured the area all afternoon. We came back Saturday morning and I walked down a small embankment on the same line. About mid-morning, I got another small nugget with the SDC, then another, then another. My mate came down to join me, and couldn't believe it when he kicked a rock over to find a nugget on the surface. We found 27 nuggets on Saturday and I found the ripper 3.5gram triangle on the left (see pic). Our biggest issue was running out of daylight and we're itching to get back out to this spot again! :goldnugget: :Y:

1634514831_20211016_165523.jpg

Working regional this week so popped into one of my marked spots, decided it was time to tackle the trashy area under the HV powerlines and see if it's worth doing.
Although it's not anything to wright home about, I was super impressed with the performance of the 14dd coil for a piece that size at that depth under HV powerlines.
There's heaps of surface rust and junk targets with plenty of deeper lead shot thrown in, so it'll be a slow process each time I get back there but at least I know there's a chance of gold now, I think others simply walk away from it being too hard.

1634814621_20211020_154827.jpg

1634814674_20211020_154919.jpg

1634997350_20211021_155914_800x600.jpg

I found this nice slug a couple of days ago around the Leonora area.

It was found with the Minelab 11 inch mono coil about 400mm deep in ground that I had walked over with the NF 17 x 13 and 14 x 9 coild many times.

It sounded off an inverted target signal but a deep,solid sound. Not like going over a bit of flat tin.

The weight when cleaned up was 36.8 grams . the largest nugget that I have found so far on my endless trip over here in WA

I wondered how long it would take you to post it on here :lol:

Ive been using the commander 11" since finding those two small pieces with you, its a really good coil.

Well done , I love it a waterworn piece in the middle of the desert! I wish I had a time machine to go back a few million years. Great piece!

Finally got out for a swing went to my spot which I have flogged to death, it took 11 hours and 80 targets to get one :goldnugget: but I'm happy again now, I will go to the same spot again one day but I'm off the diggings to find anything now , detectable spots within 2 hours of home are almost impossible to find.
1635663476_dsc_1092.jpg
1635663560_dsc_1091.jpg

That's about 6 trips to a very small workings, always manage to find one and 1st trip i got 3, 11 hours is a long slog but if I'm finding lead on bedrock I will persevere until I get one or need to go.

Latest posts