⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Banjo, there will be a heap more mate, had to leave after 40 minutes. Was not even contemplating finding gold there, optimising was set to disappoint, so when I got 4 targets in knee high spear grass, I was blown away. In the dry this place will be clear and easy, atm, its like detecting in the jungle with only a few spots where you can actually swing the machine, the biggest clear spot was about 2 m square!
Will be having a good look next opportunity though.
I've got the same problem here with the grass.
Hope your back is getting better.
Really nice bits :cool:

Well done Jazzy :perfect: :clap: welcome to PA :Y:

The biggest gold is the memories that you created with Jazzy :perfect: priceless :goldnugget: top stuff Chewy :beer:

Couple more bits this morning :cool:
1611280310_20210122_124915_compress34.jpg

20xwater said:
davent said:
Banjo, there will be a heap more mate, had to leave after 40 minutes. Was not even contemplating finding gold there, optimising was set to disappoint, so when I got 4 targets in knee high spear grass, I was blown away. In the dry this place will be clear and easy, atm, its like detecting in the jungle with only a few spots where you can actually swing the machine, the biggest clear spot was about 2 m square!
Will be having a good look next opportunity though.
I've got the same problem here with the grass.
Hope your back is getting better.
Really nice bits :cool:
I've run out of bare ground, time to strip the tusock grass, thistles and acacia bush.
Good excersise for you mate and will be heaps more worth it for you I reckon.

1611464351_2d9278ea-c397-4ed4-b6db-d243b532753b.jpg

1611464352_1b5c108e-05a8-4d05-8cab-c39d94af18a7.jpg

Good day today, finished by midday due to weather. They are all covered in iron stone mixed with some light quartz except 2, one was clean and spiked and the other is a 16 gram specie that Im about to smash in the dolly pot!
Specie was a bit disappointing, .33 was all that was hidden in it.

davent said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4351_2d9278ea-c397-4ed4-b6db-d243b532753b.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4352_1b5c108e-05a8-4d05-8cab-c39d94af18a7.jpg

Good day today, finished by midday due to weather. They are all covered in iron stone mixed with some light quartz except 2, one was clean and spiked and the other is a 16 gram specie that Im about to smash in the dolly pot!
Specie was a bit disappointing, .33 was all that was hidden in it.
Very interesting specimens, love seeing something DARK and new. Killing mate :perfect:
Ps. The black looks awesome with the gold, hell yes

Apart from 1 or 2 they are all nuggets under the black coating, will post a clean pic when they come out of the acid.

RM outback, I got real lucky 1 st trip back, really lucky! I know after this is done its back to trying to find another one, and I dont think I could be this lucky twice! I have been there before when its impossible to find gold, so know what to expect lol. Im spending more time looking for found that looks good to me and not going over leases or other worked areas.....well thats the plan anyway. Only problem is that there is so much good looking ground outside the known gold fields!

Latest posts