⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in Sydneys n I drive almost 3 hrs sorry Goody that could put u anywhere from hillend to mogo n I didnt get it from there but definitely some where in between. Todays peice could start a small rush. I hope you can respect that. Already said too much by posting it here. Those that know me n know where I hit will know what area. I just cant keep reticent as Im an amateur n trying to learn how to shut my gob. The only reason I post is I feel Im holding a baton for the newbies as I remember before I first found I use to drool over this page. Its what kept me going I may have quit trying who knows. I still feel like I dont know what Im doin.

Hi Jum..

Sorry mate I am not asking for your secret spot,

I am glad your finding gold,

Like you I read theses post and drool over the post,

I'm just waiting for my health to gets better and I will be getting into it ,

Goody :)

Excellent Jum...cracker pieces! :Y:

Also thanks for the comments all. I did SG test tonight, 62.4 in the big piece and 47 in todays bit.

A bit dirty as todays bit has a fair amount of charactor and is too good for the dolly pot, I'd rather get ugly bits as it makes it easier to smash them.

Not as impressive as yours MT well done. will clean mine up nice n I will repost. With SG weights. As soon as I get a free moment.

Jum said:
Im in Sydneys n I drive almost 3 hrs sorry Goody that could put u anywhere from hillend to mogo n I didnt get it from there but definitely some where in between. Todays peice could start a small rush. I hope you can respect that. Already said too much by posting it here. Those that know me n know where I hit will know what area. I just cant keep reticent as Im an amateur n trying to learn how to shut my gob. The only reason I post is I feel Im holding a baton for the newbies as I remember before I first found I use to drool over this page. Its what kept me going I may have quit trying who knows. I still feel like I dont know what Im doin.

Don't worry about being new to it all Jum just keep doing what you're doing :Y: don't change a thing. Congratulations on smashing your recent pb :8 :Y: just brilliant.

Jum said:
Not as impressive as yours MT well done. will clean mine up nice n I will repost. With SG weights. As soon as I get a free moment.
not true mate...yours are very impressive!
Just having a look back through this thread and i feel bad as I should visit more often instead of when I just post something I've found.

There are some exceptional finds here and congrats to everyone!

Looks nice Miss Goodness. I might snag a pic later.
I might flog it off as it's too pretty for the dolly pot and hardly has any quartz in it anyway.

It's shape and charactor would make it a lovely pendant if you were into having a big gaudy rock hanging off your neck and didn't mind being a target for a snatch and run

Would get a bad back from leaning over all the time from the weight of it Madtuna :lol: :lol:

Would love to see a pic of it all cleaned up tho

Thanks heaps RM
Im using 11 mono so far n havent used ,the 17*13 NF yet. So yeah looking forward to getting the smaller stuff. Since finding the first bigger peice then what I was getting I was quick to change tact away from low n slow overlapping swing n methodical. To fast, random irratic vacuuming in an around tussicks,logs with coil never leaving the ground Ripping the coil under 3inches of leaves (saves raking) only looking for screamers. Ill keep doin this until things change for me.
Thanks BJay I hope so too.

madtuna said:
Looks nice Miss Goodness. I might snag a pic later.
I might flog it off as it's too pretty for the dolly pot and hardly has any quartz in it anyway.

It's shape and charactor would make it a lovely pendant if you were into having a big gaudy rock hanging off your neck and didn't mind being a target for a snatch and run

We never called it a snatch and run, it was a wombat, eats, roots, shoots and leaves! :) :)

Jum said:
dayhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9319/1550052337_image.jpg
Well done MT
10 mins first target again. Another Personal Best makes the 28.5gm look like its baby. Still been too busy for specific gravity test. I definitely joined the Ounce club today. Cross my fingers. Ill say it Paaaaaaaaaatch. Go nsw takes me tally to 4 for 2019. Ive pulled 40 odd bits of scrap mostly bullets someone slap me please with a trash ratio of 10:1 I hope I can keep this up my missus might let me take this up as a job. Geese Louise. You give me FeVeR!!
Ok I have SG tests in. Small one 11.26gms
Bigger one 49.67g or 1.6 oz sounds better
Yeah baby!!!in the oz club lookout!! Thanks Madtuna with your kind words of encouragement. :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

Got permission to prospect on a Sand and Gravel yard. They get tailings from a Mine Site. My first morning excursion went promisingly well. Hoping it continues for quite a while.
2.31g for a morning is definitely making wages.
1550291381_20190216_133250.jpg

Latest posts