⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1532996583_20180731_101916.jpg

Thats crystalline mate. Water worn a bit but it's still crystalline gold. Congrats!
Thats a valuable piece being what it is and it's weight

walshie1000 said:
Myself and matty went out to a spot I found a few weeks back. Found about an oz there the other week, biggest being 5 grams. Been saving this spot for matty and I to go back to.
Went back on Sunday and right at the end of the day I was lucky enough to get this 2oz chunk.
Stoked to share this dig with matty.
We both also got the usual small shite and there was a 3 grammer half way downish to the 2 oz piece.
Yeeew!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4955/1532996514_20180731_101759.jpg
How far down was it ? Great find I bet you did the little ripper dance !

1533002090_20180731_115158.jpg

Thanks guys, absolutely stoked and hope my mate can get a chunk as well. He deserves it as much as anyone.
I've had a few offers up to 5k however at this point in time that wont be enough for me to part with it.
The only accurate answer I can give regarding depth is 'deep as F---' haha. I'm swinging a gpz.
I'll post a pic of the hole.

Really faint low high with a wobble. Guessing the 3 grammer that was 6-8 inches down affected the signal some.
To be honest it sounded very similar to ground noise. Even the Z struggles in this ground.
After the 3 grammer popped out of rock hard virgin ground and there was still a beautiful/strong low high in the hole we started to get pretty excited however I've dug some deep trash so we were still a little reserved. And after another foot or so of digging, out she came.
Stoked!

Wow; Walshie, real nice piece mate well done, definetly crystalline could be worth a mottza, just wondering mate, do you ride out to your spots, seems like the way to do it, 2 wheels pretty much unstoppable?

Thanks for the kind words fellas.
Ironrock - I dont ride to my spots mate, I've got an angry 250sx and she'ss only happy on the pipe I'm afraid. All the spots I detect are accessible by car however the bike would be good for recon work. Cover alot of ground real quick haha.
Rm outback - definitely wont forget that dig anytime soon haha. I hope the next deep hope you dig has one in it as well mate. Just a numbers game

Haha I'll have some updates pics late tonight hopefully thanks to my bro. Hes pretty handy with an SLR.
Got a fair bit of crystalline formation on it and it looks awesome.
I'll try resize the pics tonight and put them up. Hopefully the quality doesnt suffer too much.

Latest posts