⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done again Patrick, wow you have come so far matey. Like they say onwards and sometimes not always upwards but eventually you will be surprised by the climb, as long as the line stays bullish you will be fine.

Funny you mention that Syndyne, as we all know too well the goldfields are a very large place and takes a lot of work even in a very small section to cover it the best we can, I have walked and driven straight past these for many years, never dismissed the area but can only work so much in what windows we choose as we progress forwards.

Cheers and thanks

Hi guys

Spent a couple of days detecting in Maryborough, four little pieces (and I mean little) plus 64 pieces of lead shot lol
1487915920_img_4265.jpg

Also called in to Cresswick and picked up a bucket of dirt to pan off at home and got these
1487916092_img_4259.jpg

Its great when you see a bit of colour in the pan.

Cheers Bob

Syndyne said:
Been a fantastic series of videos so far MG.

Those roadside nugs are beauties. The last 13.74gm one was a cracker! It's often the case of persistence paying dividends in an area that people tend to walk straight past or ignore due to trash. I'll never understand that thought process? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the next vids!

Cheers,
Shauno.

Hmmm wonder if we should move that rusty pile of cans next time we head out to you know where mate. Would be a big effort. :)

Heatho said:
Hmmm wonder if we should move that rusty pile of cans next time we head out to you know where mate. Would be a big effort. :)

We could probably do that in a few of those areas out there! It could just pay off nicely with a decent nug or two. Can't be any worse than removing those countless bits of lead shot and small junk from an area I guess? Anything's worth a shot. :Y:

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Can't wait! :D

1487932346_img_3964.jpg

No gold today folks, just a whole lot of junk but a great day out in any case. The first trip out to Mt Crawford, SA for a look around. I found the forestry guys super helpful with permit and basic forest info though I was totally overwhelmed with the place. Where to start... the place is big and it all looked the same to me so basically I just spent some time orientating myself to the ground and many tracks in and out. I had a little swing over some sapling pines along their planting line in what seemed alluvial gravels, mica shist, iron stone and granite? I'm not sure if he is on here but id like to shoutout to Eddy, nice bloke who was happy to share some knowledge - cheers mate. Keen to get back out there and if anyone has any suggestions for a newbie to the area please let me know. My plan next is to work along Watts Gully and Three Chain Break. I hope everyone has a great weekend. :D

Well done Damit, Sleckie, Patrick1 & Jwal.
I too snuck out yesterday and found these two little bits yesterday, a few meters apart. Caught up with SC75 for a few hours this morning but didn't manage to find anything. First time I met him and I got to say he's a top bloke and extremely generous with sharing his knowledge. Learnt a lot from him. :Y:
O.88g excluding the 10c
1488104727_img_5852.jpg

A few from today.
1488104969_rps20170226_212858.jpg

Been meaning to get back to a spot I found whilst out riding/camping with a mate (steve) a month or two back. We had a swing for an hour or two and I found a nice nug and a little one, as did he. We knew there was more there.
I finally got back out there today with Matty and his 2 boys and we had a crack in the heat. Both off the mark in the first 10 mins and both went home with a hand full. Biggest just under a gram.
What a ripper of a day, both dug more gold than trash.

Latest posts