⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
Very nice Gemini. You must be wrapped if it was the first time on the gold. Well done.
I'm sure that's spurred on the motivation.

Sure had made it difficult to come home but not enough to fund a years worth of expeditions so back to work like most members untl the next adventure. Can't wait.

Nice one gem in i, thats awesome. I'm intrigued what went into the first time success....much research? luck? someone to show you the ropes? proven ground? virgin ground? all positive.
Good onya,you have set the bar high!
stru

LORD said:
Whats the size of the biggest nugget there? They look good

1.14 on the far right and the one below it is not far off which was my first piece with the z.
The speci I don't know originally because it was my first piece and with the sdc, a sunbaker and I heard an old man on a quad bike saying "SMASH IT" so I got a bit excited with it. The eight on the left in one container and the bag contents with a vial of panned stuff is from the speci is 3.5g. I'm leaving the rest of the speci just to remind myself of it's journey long ago.

Stru said:
Nice one gem in i, thats awesome. I'm intrigued what went into the first time success....much research? luck? someone to show you the ropes? proven ground? virgin ground? all positive.
Good onya,you have set the bar high!
stru

cheers stru spent about 2 months of weekends on the sdc getting some exp. on my own did the ml training course with corey from Brisbane and he was always happy to answer any questions I had anytime and when I was ready to go where the gold is I turned to pa of course for research. Bought the z off jp on the fly and nick showed me the ropes with that and that's what I wanted with the z, turn on and go for it. I'm a bit impatient to learn the dynamics of electronics at the moment with so much to learn about the hunt first.

Finds for the weekend. Mostly new spots. Pickings were pretty slim until the last session, went to an old faithful spot and pinged 5 bits. The biggest is 1.25g.

1481532047_20161212_190617-1.jpg

SDC got 2 bits
5000 and 17x13 Evo got a 0.08g bit
7000 got 4 of the prickly ones
5000 with 12" Evo took the honours with 5 bits including the 2 largest

Latest posts