⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very lucky day in GT :D :D :D .
Total:19gr
largest one 10.5 gr ,
second largest 4.15 gr

1467645526_20160705_011701.jpg

Dig'n-it said:
LORD said:
Well, Finally got my first ever nugget with the new detector :)
After a few trips out in South Aus for a bit of Au panning but nuggets always eluded me I crossed the border to Melb for work and arranged an extra night to travel to GT.
Hired a car and drove the 2 hours to Inglewood for an overnight stay and a swing of course.
Was running a new 4500 and 17X13 evo to pick up nuggs to around 0.2 :p
The flakes below are panned from the Adelaide hills and 5 nuggs from GT, Almost at a grand total off 1 gram but you have to start somewhere and I am defiantly hooked !

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7670/1467588960_20160703_185251.jpg
Lordy, Lordy, Lordy
Congrats on your first nuggets.
Where did you stay at Inglewood?
I was at Inglewood too over the weekend though detected all over. Half day at Wedderburn and half day at Inglewood Sat. Bendigo Whipstick on Sunday. 2 hrs at Dunolly and 1 hr at Talbot Monday. I stayed at the Inglewood Motel & Caravan Park. Had my 19 year old son with me. Chuky boy also stayed there Sat.
We may have crossed paths.
Cheers Dignit

Thanks guys, its defiantly an awesome feeling cleaning out the trowel to see that first bit of gold gleaming amongst the dirt after so many bits of lead / steel / aluminium and whatever else junk has been left in the ground over the years 8) I was amazed how much it stood out.
I caught up with a mate who took me around Inglewood area, I spend all day Saturday around Wehla and then a couple of hours Sunday before I had to get back to the airport in Melb at Kingower. We worked the old diggings and my mate managed a 10 grammer along with plenty more sub gram pieces than me. I have a lot of hours ahead of me behind the 4500 to be anywhere near as experienced and consistent. I will be back there for sure, nice part of the world to explore and if you find some gold that's a bonus. (That's what people like me say when it is a long time between gold :p hahaha)

Way to go Patrick! It's on its way for you bucko! One, then two then a patch! Think I know where you are looking - Mardy found a big patch near there as well.
In my earlier days, I met this guy who had just come to Maryborough from Canberra to try his luck as a newby. First night he showed me a clean 22g nugget - felt good in the hand! It was found (according to him) just away from town houses. And here am I, thinking close in to town has been flogged, so we head out to whoopwhoop thinking that it's virgin and unflogged, but find little.
Always keep an open mind mate and may it flow for you :)

Good job Chuky boy,Brunks,LORD,Mattsgold,LoneWalker and Patrick. There's a lot of finds on the 1 page :D Keep it up fellas.

mardymoose said:
Dig'n-it you been everywhere man,reminds me of the song. What is your first impression of the 15" evo coil
MardyMoose
First impressions good, though it was drizzling and my son was sitting in the car waiting. It was a rushed one hour, but felt I was going to find a nugget any minute. Can't wait to get out and give it another run. Hopefully next trip will be a bit dryer. Cheers

Went back to the new area at Whroo today with narra
The Sun was out it was a very nice Day :)
So started of good 2nd target was a winner maybe 20 feet form the ute :D
1468051716_9jul16whroo.jpg

All tho I thought I only got 8 for the day until getting home and tipping all todays targets into a big bowl :eek: :D
Maybe 50 lead shot aswell :|

Latest posts