⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RedDirtDigger said:
I have posted the following find on another forum and it feels like I am boasting to post it here too, but I have friends on both forums I detect with and am sharing it to you.

After only getting out for a couple half day detects during 2016 and finding only a few sub grammers I was a little depressed. I got out for 1/2 a day on Thursday with the 7000. I got a deep mellow signal we all like to hear, and after a hard 10 minute dig, a 101 gram piece came out from 20 inches down. Ugliest piece I have found and it will quickly end up at the refiners. Happy now and busting to get back to the spot ASAP.
Best of luck to all members chasing element 79 in 2016. Cheers RDD

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/Duckmaloi/IMG_1274_zps9tus9xi7.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/Duckmaloi/IMG_1279_zpswl1jisvn.jpg

Ugly sometimes means $$$$ ..... I'd check out a reliable trader to see what it's worth as is rather than as a melted refined lump with no character ..... great find, we can only hope we are as lucky one day.
Cheers Tom.

Almost too embarrassed to post these after the recent great finds but gold's gold ......
And anything is better than nothing, good to see some Creswick Bash forum members out there today, Corey M. Put together a good day, I'm sure many would have learnt something.
2 from Thursday and 9 tiddlers today,
Cheers Tom

1455954961_image.jpeg

1455955058_image.jpeg

Nothing to be embarrassed about with that lot Tom. I like both those pieces in the second pic. Very nice. I've been detecting today at a place I've only ever got a few bits from and my tally for the day is a big fat 0 :/ But there's always tomorrow. Well half of tomorrow anyway. :)

Nothing to be embarrassed about, great finds everyone!
Hope I can get a break tomorrow, but Im not counting on it, checking out a new area for the dry season.

I finally got my first nugget in mid Jan 2016. Thank you to all the posters for the information on this forum, it has helped me greatly to achieve my goal. The thrill of finding the first one is something else, all the research finally paying off. I still get excited when i think about seeing it in the scoop for the first time :)

1455965263_first_nugget.jpg

Well done Flyspray. Gotta be stoked with that mate. Glad you have joined us in the finds section finally. It was good to meet you and ya misses on the side of that track and I couldn't be happier for ya. Top stuff. Might see ya round the tracks again one time. Take care mate.

Lee.

NeoGeo said:
Well done Flyspray. Gotta be stoked with that mate. Glad you have joined us in the finds section finally. It was good to meet you and ya misses on the side of that track and I couldn't be happier for ya. Top stuff. Might see ya round the tracks again one time. Take care mate.

Lee.

Thx Neo. Yes was great to meet you and have a chat, hope all is gong well for you. Definitely catch up out in the bush sometime :)

RDD
:eek: :) Great find ....... I'm with the others ....... What a beauty!
I'd be over the moon.
It's great to see some big lumps being found ....... Gives us all hope.
Good luck when you get back to 'the' spot.
Cheers Dignit

Latest posts