⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite gem at present ,3.8carat and a little beauty ;)

1386762645_image.jpg

1386762693_image.jpg

Varts...

Some beautiful colours! Getting a real bad itch to get back out there..... Ahhh!!! Anybody going out in the next week or two before chrissy?

Ill be going early on monday Jessiy, probably high banking though. And likely to be going upstream a little bit.

Also, just a warning for everyone visiting GG this weekend. There was a black snake(Rebd belly?) spotted at the public area, just near the bend in the creek where the fence meets the water. Be watchful if you are taking children or animals.

Thanks col and lee hope you are right about the handful :D ,who knows what is under the next rock or in the next sieve ;)
Varts

Nice looking Gems Varts :)
I found the twin of your Sapphire :D
1386986557_imag2002.jpg

Same Stone different side ;)
1386986710_imag2004.jpg

Don't you think they almost look alike ;)
1386986846_1386762693_image.jpg

1386986869_1386762645_image.jpg

You must be digging the right Spot at GG Mate :p
Cheers,
"B"

Hey B left home at 11pm last night,got to GG just after 2am ,three hours kip,set the alarm for 5 30 went back and cleaned out my spot ,left there at 530 just got home,beautiful day ,potty about the leaches :eek:

Nice gem buy the way ,there should be a new sapphire put up each day ,give me something to lookout for . :)

Did you got bitten? how many. my kids thinks they are the guardian of the Sapphires in the creek, so it's a good sign :D :D

Hope you got some nice stones Varts for all those bites, bit of blood for some Sapphires is'nt a bad trade. :)

That Green Sapphire looks like a frozen lime slurpee.

Yeah heatho got some beauties ,nothing real big but I got a few clear ones ;)

keep digging mate you will find one my lucky times are rolling on no leaches yet I hate the buggers seen a lot of small fish pulled one out in my sieve yesterday maybe I need to hunt in the river more to find some big ones lot of little ones and one more zircon that makes two zircons now :)

spent the night at gg the flies ate my dinner so hot spent the time near the bridge found 8 little sapphires all going into my looking container will spend more time looking at them than hunting for them still dreaming of my big clear blue :)

1387366411_image.jpg

Any idea what the one in the bottom right corner could be?

Looks like it is harder than a dogs tooth crystal as the dogs tooth leaves a white mark on the stone that rubs off but no scratch is evident.

Latest posts