⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Found this little nugget - haha not so big but having a play with my USB microscope and fascinated by the shape of some of the gold flakes from the Shoalhaven at Oallen.

PS it has been magnified 60x

Cheers

Barry
1418868394_lil_nugget.jpg

Thanks fellas yeh shes nice gold. Sits in the slaty bedrock decomposed into sheets just jave to move a metre of overburden to get it but the rewards are there :)

That sure does look sweet . :D

Looks like I gotta pack a pan as well as the detector for my trip over to your part
of the world Golddigg

Cheers mate

Wet prospecting GD? Getting me all fired up looking at that beautiful pic, putting all the camping gear in as we speak to find some NSW goodness. Hopefully in more than one place. As you say the reward comes from the heavy dig, I would find it hard to leave with the chunky stuff coming out like that. Good share.

Yes highbanking mate. Good luck up there mate bring some of that shiny goodness back to victoria. Its not hard to leave when you can barely walk anymore lol had ambitious ideas to go back today but the old hands and knees cant take it.

Haha I hear that. It's normally my back that I first consult when dreaming of the next gram out! One old bloke I know often says " Gold prospecting will make an old man out of you yet", fair bit of truth in that I reckon. I'll post up if I have any luck there are 7 known localities on my proposed trip and only one I've been to before gotta get lucky somewhere hey? At least it will be a good recon if nothing else. Waiting on my little mate, his mums time line isn't the same as mine atm.

Hi goldigg@,what would be the cubic mtr estimate for the 5 hours.and that is a great looking pan

ausniper said:
Hi goldigg@,what would be the cubic mtr estimate for the 5 hours.and that is a great looking pan

Probably about 3 buckets of clay mate. There was a bit of gold in the overburden but not alot. If youre asking how many rocks maybe 1 metre. It's quality nit quantity in this instance.

G0lddigg@ said:
ausniper said:

Probably about 3 buckets of clay mate. There was a bit of gold in the overburden but not alot. If youre asking how many rocks maybe 1 metre. It's quality nit quantity in this instance.

Then that is a great haul mate well done!

Hi,

This has got to be one of my favorite threads on this forum, and now I'm stoked to be able to post something of my own.

It's tiny compared to others here but this is what I got today at Warrandyte. It was only my second time ou so I am very very happ...especially since it's such heavily worked ground. Can't wait to get to a better spot. I think I could do quite well, especially if I can run the sluice.

Enjoy.

1420432222_20150105_1509521.jpg

1420432253_20150105_1509071.jpg

1420432293_20150105_1512132.jpg

Latest posts