⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1617966452_10b2ec13-bc12-441e-a175-0e182a9794d3.jpg

Cheers guys , that was the reward from the last several trips , last trip managed to find 2.76grams in only 4hrs pickers in every test pan made me smile , but all gold was covered in mercury :awful: ,

50% came from the same spot that my 8year old son found the first picker on the surface so we kept coming back over several years also found a 14 gram specimen, no inside bends and digging below waterline chasing sticky clay backbreaking work but effort = reward. Always keeping an eye on rainfall to keep the river sluice well fed. KeeneA52 :Y:

hobby pays for itself keeps the wife happy :)

Certainly do Mackka , even at that flow I find 90% of the gold in the first section of green carpet once the gold hits that it doesnt move yes Id probably loose some running it that hard but thats more gold in the creek for next time happy with what it catches,

next investment will be the self classification upgrade from Keene, I started out with a single turbo pan years ago and have reinvested all what I find into more equipment seems to have worked so far :perfect:

Good onya mate, it is certainly doing the job. My first pan was steel and i used to have to blacken it over the smoke of the fire. Gold stood out really well on the black background and today my plastic pan is black also. Unfortunately due to changes in life it hasn't been used for 20 odd years like the rest of my stuff but as we say, "One Day!" Cheers
Mackka

Latest posts