⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be a good time for the NSW members to plan some panning trips, with all the rain falling across NSW at the moment.
:perfect:
1616032762_5bcb52da-0b50-4565-99a1-e0b03531507f.jpg

Banjo68 said:
Init2winit said:
#Banjo68

Some nice lil pickers there! Were about in nsw were ya?
Yeah mate. Pretty happy with the result
All I can tell you it was the central west on private property

Now that takes me back, sold our farm in '03 in the heart of central west NSW gold country, had a creek along two boundaries, but too busy with the farm to think about the yellow 8.( 8.( 8.(

nucopia said:
As soon as the rain clears we will be heading out west for a few days panning..
Hopefully this rain has moved some gravels and flushed out some colour..
;)
Monitoring rainfall areas above our catchments helps to create the ribbons but it's not just about total amount of water dumped in short period.
What I believe I see when the water runs out is an alignment of density and mass in resistance to flow.
E.g., so much water and liquefied mass it cleans everything out as it goes, I believe everything is sorted as the volecity of water receeds and stacks it..
I spose it's just like the flow rate of a slice but on a bigger scale. 200ml in a day followed by 20ml per day might reduce to the fallout levels for longer for higher yields in zones....

Last night I watched all Aussie bloke prospector mountain gold series.
Woke up feeling inspired, put the detector away and go do some sampling.
First little spot in a new area..
1617591970_20210405_125542_compress26.jpg

I classified out the top 50mm of that line and got this much..
1617592069_20210405_125353_compress64.jpg

Took that back to camp to pan out..
1617592248_20210405_125317_compress10.jpg

It's definitely got my attention :cool:

Hi all, I'm a newbie at finding gold, thought I found a likely spot near me in central west NSW bought a garret pan and found this lot.
1617671295_panning_finds_2.jpg

The 1 gram nugget was on my first pan, made me holler and yell scarring the local wildlife so yes I'm hooked for life. Panning is so much more fun than fishing, but I'm stumped on the other bits. There heavy none magnetic and make the pin-pointer go beep! Your help would be much appreciated, did also find shot gun shot and mashed bullets so heavies with heavies I guess?

Latest posts