mini bellows drywasher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
while waiting on the speed controller for the larger drywasher I thought I'd knock up one smaller and lighter for sampling , the motor is off a auto polisher which got very little use on my cars lol ,it plugged into a cigarette lighter socket, the motor is not much bigger than a match box but the gearing means its got a surprising amount of torque ,with very little amp draw

attached the offset shaft directly onto the gear shaft with tube and clamps , works good ,

was going to make it all foldable but just wanted to get it done as a prototype to test the theory and if goes well will put more effort into a fold up one, anyway its very light and wouldn't take much to attach to a backpack frame

the mesh is only 3 mm so I will probably pre classify with a 6mm first, I don't plan on putting a lot of volume through it of course so should be ok
cheers , flash
1407838051_rimg0573-optimized-1.jpg

1407838120_rr-optimized.jpg

1407838216_rrrrr-optimized.jpg

1407838241_rrrr-optimized.jpg

Pretty flash Flash,
Got a floating floor to lay if and when you run out of ideas for new builds ......
From next week on is good to give them a trial run (assuming there's some dry ground) if you're in the mood for a meet up over your neck of the woods just PM me with dates you're available.
Cheers T.

Thats geat flash, I am definitley going to have to build a bellows type dry washer now

Cheers

thanks guys ,
mjb this started as a simpler blower style using a airbed inflator as the air source to test a theory but the old blower shat itself on the test run ,so converted over , bit more work in the bellows style that's for sure , figured out how to make the offset shaft fairly easily now though.
harder to make them folding as well ,you must disconnect the push rod methinks
gcause hows your build coming with the restoration?
flash

Latest posts