miniature cons highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all sorry nugget as I am a bit of a noob....

Desperately waiting for my fabricator to finish my HB I decided that Id blow 70 bucks at bunnings and bcf to build a baby cons machine so I can surf the forum while re running my silts and sands I have caught fine gold down to about 200 mesh with this set up but water flow is crucial
1402436997_uploads7_20140611_074725.jpg

1402437291_uploads5_20140611_074723.jpg

1402437331_uploads3_20140611_074722.jpg

1402437380_uploads1_20140611_074720.jpg

Started with some poly grate, planter box, ribbed rubber mat and ran it at leyburn with some success....
Then decided to redesign it for bedroom use and cons only by creating a desktop unit that could be run in a small bucket or fish tank by mounting it all into a computer chassis I had laying around
Here was the result....
1402437431_uploads1_20140611_074850.jpg

1402437465_uploads2_20140611_074850.jpg

This can be run on any 12v battery or in my case I used a pc power supply that could be plugged into the wall

Can provide a shopping list for bunnings if anyone interested in something similar

My first go at anything to do with prospecting so all advice good or bad appreciated

Great work on the build, I'd love to see a video of it in action.

Did I read correctly that you run this in your bedroom? Now that's what I call dedication :lol:

Can click,like,post and feed all at the same time nugget plus I'm single so if I want I highbanker set up I front of the 55" samsung and surround I could just run my overburden out the door ;)

Mineblowingmetal said:
Can click,like,post and feed all at the same time nugget plus I'm single so if I want I highbanker set up I front of the 55" samsung and surround I could just run my overburden out the door ;)

Hahaha, I like your style ;)

Absolutely love the framing for this setup, love the lighting and the black and red looks wicked with matching pump. :)

A single gold addict sluicing out the door...love it :lol:

I have pretty much the same cons sluice without the hopper...

I used the small v-mat and found its not very good, larger flakes/flour gold wont fit into grooves.

Regardless of flow rate, sluice angle worked best down pretty flat and slow feed rate.

My advice is to not change anything and learn from everything that happens to best understand.

Awesome build...enjoy the experiment :cool:

20xwater said:
Absolutely love the framing for this setup, love the lighting and the black and red looks wicked with matching pump. :)

I used the small v-mat and found its not very good, larger flakes/flour gold wont fit into grooves.

Regardless of flow rate, sluice angle worked best down pretty flat and slow feed rate.

My advice is to not change anything and learn from everything that happens to best understand.

Thanks 20x water

Note that on the top section or feeder box I have cut waffle matt in to feed onto it is about 7mmx7mm squares when this thing Is running its awesome to watch the exchange and activity in these squares and should pick up any heavier items prior to the small v rib down the main sluice

Video coming soon

Mineblowingmetal said:
20xwater said:

Thanks 20x water

Note that on the top section or feeder box I have cut waffle matt in to feed onto it is about 7mmx7mm squares when this thing Is running its awesome to watch the exchange and activity in these squares and should pick up any heavier items prior to the small v rib down the main sluice

Video coming soon

kool...something to think about(in case you or anyone reading hasn't)

when gold is flattened thin the weight to surface area ratio changes...

e.g...2 pieces of paper, 1 scrunched into a ball tightly and the other not...drop em both at the same time and the ball wins.

ive had big problems with this at a dig ive got ey...pretty fine line between recovery and blowing it out the other end. :cool:

spot on 20 its all about exposing your gold to different situations and asking it nicely to drop out :) ive got some new rubber matt that ive been testing that is amazing at the fine stuff

hi mineblowingmetal would love the parts list if you still have it just made the bottom half today with out knowing but use carpet instead couldn't find any fine ribbed in bunnings

Latest posts