What Made You Smile Today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate told me to stop by on the weekend as he had gold pic to show me. Thought the 2 ouncer on social media released yesterday was the goods (just a bit under 2 oz) as the OP mentioned he was with a friend.

Turns out ,totally unrelated. Showed me one closer to double. Absolute banger, and for area downright obscene. Hard to wipe the smile off your face when its dropped in your palms.

There still out there. Couldn't be happier for him. Definitely on a streak. Good digs to you all.

1636403517_58564a0ec003b4dab2c79f1ac5c17ac5.0.jpg

1636403517_d70c1af5e05e8effeb3b992711576c69.0.jpg

Waking up to the Kookaburras and Blue Wrens with a city nowhere in site, haven't heard the Kookaburras for some years, and quickly realised how much I missed them :(

The Gold Coast is now history :inlove: and we're loving being back in the bush... permanently, life in retirement (24th September) can only get better from here :party: :party:

Congratulations mate. We have the kookas, magpies, butcher birds etc, but i am not in the bush. I would be interested in your comments on your move in 6 months as i am thinking of something similar.
Best Wishes
Mackka

Our front deck sits up 3/4 the way up a giant Mango tree and we have frequent visits from Koels, butcher birds, galahs, white cockatoos, rainbow lorikeets, Crows of course,Magpies-there are native shrubs all round the area and a park called Mowbray Park(Heritage listed) we live 2 houses from. We have a family of Kookas residing in the park that wake at 0430 sing a bit the again at dusk. When we bought the house in 1994 there were also wrens and willy wagtails in the backyard. Forgot the water lizards that frequently sit on our deck and rockery out front sunning themselves, We have baby birds being fed by their parents all in the front yard-and to top it off a big view of the Storey Bridge. and city buildings... :)

When on the Goldie we got the Rainbow Lorikeetes and the Maggies plus a bunch of Honey Eaters, occasionally a pair of Easterns all due to our native plantings and the massive Fig in the park next door, but many of the birds that were there years ago have gone, these little brushes with nature kept us sane for 16 yrs, but the Bush still beckoned, so the move was going to happen no matter what. When we drove away we never looked back, no wish to. Just happy to be gone.

Latest posts