UK Weather

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ded Driver said:
nobody ( I hope) drinks Fosters festered foamy in OZ :awful: 8.(

That's the Main Aussie Beer over here and it's only 3.7%, Tastes better that most of the stuff over here, IT's either that give the ol JD a nudge, which is fine but with all the tablets I'm on I would not come down to Earth for a month, :playful: :playful: :playful: :lol: :lol:

I went over to Ireland a couple of years ago and the Guinness there is a lot nicer than the snake pi$$ they sell here, a dozen pints of that a night can be hard on the body, :cool: :( :( :(

Ded Driver said:
Why is it different in Ireland? I thought it was ALL made there!
... how knieve I am :8
any idea which one they export? given that we send them Fosters, we probably get the crap Guinness

Yeah I reckon you nailed it DD about the ordinary Guinness tastes like aged Fosters to me :lol: :p some of the Irish are really good forward thinkers :lol: isn't that right diggit :playful:

Ded Driver said:
Why is it different in Ireland? I thought it was ALL made there!
... how knieve I am :8
any idea which one they export? given that we send them Fosters, we probably get the crap Guinness

Well the Guinness in the UK is Brewed here as is the Fosters, It seems to avoid import costs they brew it here under licence, The Guinness In Ireland is just smoother and the Head is Creamier,

Regardless of where it is made it is very High in Iron so for anyone who is a bit run down it works wonders :beer: :Y:

Maybe if you're stuck for strong beer in UK try to find someone who sells a Yorkshire Stingo. It's beer/Ale with an alcohol content usually around 8 or 9%. Failing that get hold of a Tenants Export lager that's 4.7% alcohol. Probably explains why the Scots are more fun than the English :D

Deepseeker said:
Maybe if you're stuck for strong beer in UK try to find someone who sells a Yorkshire Stingo. It's beer/Ale with an alcohol content usually around 8 or 9%. Failing that get hold of a Tenants Export lager that's 4.7% alcohol. Probably explains why the Scots are more fun than the English :D

That Tenants Super is around the 11 to 13% mark and is mostly drunk by wineo's, most people know it by the name "Wife Beater",

I tried some Ale in a country Pub from an Oak Cask and I was legless within 5 Pots, I was fine after 4 Pots/2 pints just started the 3rd one and about halfway down the Glass I was Cactus, A mate said no one had ever drunk more than 2 pints of it, Now I know why, LOL

Down in Devon where they sell Scrumpy which is very strong coarse Cider That stuff will knock ya off ya feet too, damn stuff is lethal,

That's funny you mention Scrumpy. As a kid my parents took me a couple of times to visit my fathers great aunt and uncle who lived in Somerset next to Devon. Great Aunt Aida and Uncle Albert moved there from London during the war to escape the bombing. They would have been in their 80's or 90's then in the 1960's, and she looked just like Granny Clampet in clothing and boots. I was only about 5 or 6 when we visited them but I remember them well. They were a couple of characters, and I remember her out in the field pulling spuds still even at that age. He would sit there on the porch watching her work while he smoked and talked to my parents. When the kettle inside started to whistle he shouted out to the field "Aida!! The Kettles boiling!!!" which became a bit of a joke in my family whenever the kettle boiled, back when they still whistled on the stove top.

He had a liking for Scrumpy Cider in a bad way. And he would often ride an old bicycle into the nearby town and go on a bender. My father tells the story that one night he didn't come home, and then the next morning he didn't show up either. So, a number of people set out looking for him, asking around who had seen him etc. He was eventually found in a field near the side of the road still sleeping it off next to his bicycle! It must have been summer then or the silly bugger would have frozen to death.

We got Red Weather Warnings with 90mph winds and Blizzards for this weekend, :inlove: :perfect:

I love it when the weather gets like this, Every winter people complain about it yet they know its coming and they wear summer cloths and wonder why they suffer from falls and cold related injuries, :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Winter ECWCS Collection would be at home at either the North or the South Poles, But most people could get by with just the basics and remain safe avoiding the most basic of injuries that are a common occurance every time it Snows,

It does not matter how chunky the Tread on your Boots or Tyres are they will not work on Ice, The Cheap Fix for your Boots is simple by buying a pair of these spikes for your boots without buying full on mounteering Crampons and they are cheap insurance all for $20 a pair,

Edit:- Oh amd they also work in Mud as well, :Y:

1637932352_crampons.jpg

For your Vehicle Snow Tyres work extremely well on Snow but for Ice then Snow Chains like these are the way to Go, And the good thing about them is most Snow Chains will fit at leased 20 other Tyre sizes so when you buy a set of them they are not restricted to just one Car/Suv/4x4

1637933061_my_snow_chains_m44_s.jpg

https://snowchains.co.uk/product/?brand=Weissenfels&model=Clack-and-Go-ProTech&pID=M44-10&p=M44

And fitting them is a Breeze,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeezmxfrfTY&t=2s

silver said:
Looks like a freezing cyclone ya got there RR :eek:

Edit:- I liked the rubbish bin bit :p

The power for about 1 million homes has been knocked out and it's been 4 days since and thousands of people have still not got power as of yet, Hundreds of power poles have been snapped off at ground level, Wind speeds of 98mph / 157.6kph in places, And the Temps dropped down to -9*c and below in places with 5 metre Snow drifts. :inlove:

Yeah I liked that bit too, :Y:

Another Storm hit today with maximum wind speed of 97.5mph,

They still haven't the power back on for some people from the last one 10 days ago and now this new storm has knocked out the power for thousands of other people,

Over here they don't seem to plan ahead, People who live in the out of the places never think to by a Generator or a Backup Camp Stove or Lighting, and when they loose power they blaim the Gov or the Power companies as if it was them who broke the power lines,

I have tried to warn people but they never listen, I can't stand stupidity, ]:D

We are getting Battered here by Storm Eunice, about 100ks south of me just got hit with 122mph OR 196.298Kph winds, and out of the 3 warning Zones I am in the worst, :playful:

Power is getting knocked out all over the place and up North have got Snow 8.( 8.( 8.(

Apart from that all is Well

Latest posts