Tumbarumba Gemfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info I had been through this document but I think I was too upper Tumbarummba I will try Buddong and Paddys next time thanks again for the help

Thanks guys. All in all was a good little trip. 13 sapphires, biggest only about 3ct but some nice looking cutters, heaps of zircon and a nice clear stone I think is topaz but again not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's not glass, lol. Only had 2-2.5 hr's each day so not to shabby. Worth another trip I reckon. I only hit Paddy's River behind the flats camp grounds on both days and walked away with stones so not bad. Your info has been helpful and appreciated. Thanks again

Hey Bezza,

Great stuff! Did you make any other trips back to that area? I've got a couple of hours spare tomorrow on my way through so I'm going to have a scratch around somewhere!

Cheers
Dan

hello gents

there should be some archive material on this site. cupla years ago I posted a question about tumbarumba. Parsons Gully is a great place to picnic. I only found some chips. spent 1/2 a day at paddys river flat and got very cold legs from standing in the creek diggin gravel. at xmas time.

We stayed at MacPherson plains camp ground (now closed me thinks)

So from paddys river flat turn left after the bridge and drive that road toward Macpherson plains. ruby creek flows close to that road and joins paddys river prolly a K up from the bridge, but access is a bit tight.

dont forget the online nsw forrests permit.

ray

Hey guys,

Went down to Paddy's River Flats for a quick hour and a half look on my way through Saturday afternoon.

Found a heap of what I think are bits of clear quartz/smoke quartz, some zircon, lots of spinels and a few small bits of sapphire.

Should be noted that I planned on going up to ruby creek and parsons gully in the future, but checked the Forestry map and found that Bagot SF and Green Hills SF are now closed to fossicking. So permit or not you're not allowed to fossick in there any more, for whatever reason that is. Pays to check maps first before you head out!

Cheers
Dan

Latest posts