You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Goldchaser1
08 April 2021 11:51 am

kingswood wrote:

I was kinda not keen on the 6000 as I have a 7000....Am swayed to own both now after hearing more....
Another tool in the arsenal. big_smile

Well there ya go kingswood,horses for courses,if i was flying solo i'd probably have a 7 and a cuppla of x coils and be satisfied with that.
Ive allways been of the opinion 2 of us walking the same area with the same setup is not ideal,i was gonna grab a gpz this year though until news of the 6 started surfacing,i would of still patch hunted with the 45 i'd say,ive stuck with the 45 and the boss with the gpz,i think there's benefits to running different machines over the same areas.
So i'm pretty stoked,if the 6 pings a few bits the gpz misses and vise versa it's an ideal situation for us.
Couldn't agree more,more tools makes the job easier power
I just hope the delays are due to them making sure the 17" mono is available from the get go...

1 user likes this post: kingswood

Reg Wilson
08 April 2021 01:51 pm

The delay is more likely due to Minelab looking after their other markets first. Australia (small market) last.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: diggin4gold

maldongold
08 April 2021 03:06 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

Correct, I have never stated that the QED is superior to the GPZ nor the GPX. What I have said is that in certain conditions the QED (If you have a good one) will come close to the more expensive detectors.
The good points of the QED are light weight and good signal response, making it a good prospecting machine in most conditions. (perhaps not in some WA ground)
Maldon Gold, you missed a 27.7 oz nugget at Muckleford. I didn't.

True but i dont have the luxury of detecting all day everyday.

Gpx 6000,Muckleford 9 ozer

kingswood
08 April 2021 03:40 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:

I was kinda not keen on the 6000 as I have a 7000....Am swayed to own both now after hearing more....

Well there ya go kingswood,horses for courses,if i was flying solo i'd probably have a 7 and a cuppla of x coils and be satisfied with that.
Ive allways been of the opinion 2 of us walking the same area with the same setup is not ideal,i was gonna grab a gpz this year though until news of the 6 started surfacing,i would of still patch hunted with the 45 i'd say,ive stuck with the 45 and the boss with the gpz,i think there's benefits to running different machines over the same areas.
So i'm pretty stoked,if the 6 pings a few bits the gpz misses and vise versa it's an ideal situation for us.
I just hope the delays are due to them making sure the 17" mono is available from the get go...

I love my 7000 and that will be the primary machine...But, issue for me is buggered shoulders. I detect for 4 hours with the 7 and literally am in agony for a couple of days after sad
I have left it in the cupboard plenty of times as I just couldnt be bothered...it wont find gold in there wink
the 6000 gives me a lighter option so more time on the ground...find a few bits, back with the 7 later.
Options smile

"There’s no point detecting in ground that is too deep for the detector so I like to keep bedrock in sight at all times" Jonathon Porter 2014

3 users like this post: Reg Wilson, grubstake, maldongold

Goldchaser1
08 April 2021 03:49 pm

kingswood wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:

I love my 7000 and that will be the primary machine...But, issue for me is buggered shoulders. I detect for 4 hours with the 7 and literally am in agony for a couple of days after sad
I have left it in the cupboard plenty of times as I just couldnt be bothered...it wont find gold in there wink
the 6000 gives me a lighter option so more time on the ground...find a few bits, back with the 7 later.
Options smile

Yep i'm hearing ya kingswood,are you using a hip stick?
My better half's 5ft and about 55kg,can go all day with the 7,the hip stick makes it easy...

kingswood
08 April 2021 04:08 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:

Options smile

My better half's 5ft and about 55kg,can go all day with the 7,the hip stick makes it easy...

no sad Issue with me is sheer weight related. I have an actual diagnosis on my non-swing arm. This is the one that cops the most issues, related to the harness strap running over it...Need surgery eventually sad
Would be a huge improvement to swing something without having to have a harness strap compressing the effected area!!

"There’s no point detecting in ground that is too deep for the detector so I like to keep bedrock in sight at all times" Jonathon Porter 2014

Mackka
08 April 2021 04:08 pm

So is the 6000 the new SDC ?
Mackka

Goldchaser1
08 April 2021 04:23 pm

kingswood wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
kingswood wrote:

Options smile

no sad Issue with me is sheer weight related. I have an actual diagnosis on my non-swing arm. This is the one that cops the most issues, related to the harness strap running over it...Need surgery eventually sad
Would be a huge improvement to swing something without having to have a harness strap compressing the effected area!!

oh ok
a bloke in wa put us onto this setup years ago,camelback,a big hefty leather belt for the hip stick socket to attach to and hip stick of course,it's easy swinging,wife had shoulder surgery a few years ago also....

near all the weight is transferred to ya hip...

Last edited by Goldchaser1 (08 April 2021 04:25 pm)

1 user likes this post: kingswood

kingswood
08 April 2021 08:20 pm

Mackka wrote:

So is the 6000 the new SDC ?
Mackka

2300 on steroids but with ability to hit larger bits deep smile

1 user likes this post: Mackka

kingswood
08 April 2021 08:22 pm

Hip stick sounds interesting. Have seen mate use one.
Will investigate more, But its really the harness that buggers me sad

Last edited by kingswood (08 April 2021 08:24 pm)

Big Johno
08 April 2021 08:32 pm

If you have a 7000 do yourself a favour and get a hipstick, they can be fiddly while digging but even slightly built old farts can go double the time of the 7000 harness system.

Goldchaser1
08 April 2021 08:59 pm

Big Johno wrote:

If you have a 7000 do yourself a favour and get a hipstick, they can be fiddly while digging but even slightly built old farts can go double the time of the 7000 harness system.

They make life easy,i got onto them when i had a crook back,only drawback is if ya out there a fair bit there a high wear item,we usually average about 2 a year each,i make my own now from bits gathered off the net,there's not much to them....

2 users like this post: kingswood, Mackka

Reg Wilson
08 April 2021 09:43 pm

Edit
Posts are to be on topic and written with the intent to make a positive contribution to the discussion, negative contributions may be removed without notice, multiple negative contributions may lead to bans ranging from 3 days to a permanent ban".

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

2 users like this post: maldongold, Syndyne

OldGT
08 April 2021 10:28 pm

I didnt realise it was allowed. Beware the next person that asks me how its going and have I found anything. lol

1 user likes this post: Reg Wilson

Dave79
09 April 2021 09:54 am

1617922312_rps20210409_083703_compress23.jpg
Just thought this might be a good spot for this..... from the forum rules!

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

Goldchaser1
09 April 2021 03:33 pm

Near fell over backwards when i picked up that 6 today,i wasn't expecting it to be that light,ya won't need a bungee with the 11 on it,so well balanced it feels like a featherweight,walked about with it for ten or 15 minutes,rubbish everywhere and powerlines so i got no take on what it can or can't do at all.
Think it will be a great prospecting machine,a mate was there who has the 3 allready(sdc,gpx,gpz)he wasn't that keen but said it's that light after trying it
he'd be stupid not to consider it for patching in the west...

Last edited by Goldchaser1 (09 April 2021 04:17 pm)

5 users like this post: Eluvial, kingswood, GemQ, RM Outback, Syndyne

Moneybox
09 April 2021 04:37 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:

Near fell over backwards when i picked up that 6 today,i wasn't expecting it to be that light,ya won't need a bungee with the 11 on it,so well balanced it feels like a featherweight,walked about with it for ten or 15 minutes,rubbish everywhere and powerlines so i got no take on what it can or can't do at all.
Think it will be a great prospecting machine,a mate was there who has the 3 allready(sdc,gpx,gpz)he wasn't that keen but said it's that light after trying it

How did you get your hands on one? I was told by The Prospectors Pick on Tuesday that it's not going to be released until some time in May.

Phil, Sandra & Taz - GPX4500's, SDC2300's, White's Goldmaster GMT, Equinox 800, pans, sieves and more in a 4WD motorhome.

Goldchaser1
09 April 2021 04:45 pm

Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

How did you get your hands on one? I was told by The Prospectors Pick on Tuesday that it's not going to be released until some time in May.

Dry blower demo day in coolgardie MB,they had one out there,where were ya smile

10 users like this post: GemQ, RM Outback, Goldfreak, grubstake, Heatho, kingswood, Northeast, mbasko, Syndyne, ProspectorPete

Moneybox
09 April 2021 07:06 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

Digging a trench, laying pipes, mounting a sink.....you know, just another day here ops

Phil, Sandra & Taz - GPX4500's, SDC2300's, White's Goldmaster GMT, Equinox 800, pans, sieves and more in a 4WD motorhome.

3 users like this post: Gem in I, Northeast, Mackka

kingswood
09 April 2021 08:17 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

Awesome mate! Much appreciated. The lightness excites me no end!!

1 user likes this post: Goldchaser1

kingswood
09 April 2021 08:19 pm

Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

I was told towards end of April. Who knows??!!!

Goldchaser1
09 April 2021 11:04 pm

Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

Digging a trench, laying pipes, mounting a sink.....you know, just another day here ops

Roger,weathers turning its nearly time to put the tools down,ive used this summer for a few reno's,all our gear (car,camper quad)has just got a going over,let us know how ya go with it....
Kingswood just by my brief look with the 11 on it i think ya shoulders will appreciated it,they said today 2-3weeks,which puts it into may i reckon anyway like MB said,where up the pilbara for near 2 months come mid june and i'm lookin foward to having it up there,even if the 17" is late to arrive i won't be bothered,the 11 will be fine amongst the spinafex,the weight and balance will be a benefit up in that country thats for sure.....

3 users like this post: Northeast, GemQ, kingswood

kingswood
Yesterday 10:45 am

Goldchaser1 wrote:
Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:
Moneybox wrote:
Goldchaser1 wrote:

Roger,weathers turning its nearly time to put the tools down,ive used this summer for a few reno's,all our gear (car,camper quad)has just got a going over,let us know how ya go with it....
Kingswood just by my brief look with the 11 on it i think ya shoulders will appreciated it,they said today 2-3weeks,which puts it into may i reckon anyway like MB said,where up the pilbara for near 2 months come mid june and i'm lookin foward to having it up there,even if the 17" is late to arrive i won't be bothered,the 11 will be fine amongst the spinafex,the weight and balance will be a benefit up in that country thats for sure.....

Fantastic thanks mate! valuable info on weight smile
I was advised yesterday end of april so will see how that pans out.

2 users like this post: Syndyne, Goldchaser1