Nugget Finder Mono 8x6 Sadie Coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not so much the size of the gold, but rather the unusual texture/shape of many bits that the SDC will pick up that the GPXs struggle on. Going down to a Sadie coil does increase your sensitivity a little, but if you really want to get close to the SDC and get gold more consistently, then I'd be adding a 12x8" Evo, and get your Rx Gain and Stabilizer up as high as you can without losing your sanity haha. Yes you are going to dig some hot rocks and ground signals.

Also if you are not using an enhancer, use Boost Audio, it really helps to lift the fluffy signals.

PhaseTech said:
It's not so much the size of the gold, but rather the unusual texture/shape of many bits that the SDC will pick up that the GPXs struggle on. Going down to a Sadie coil does increase your sensitivity a little, but if you really want to get close to the SDC and get gold more consistently, then I'd be adding a 12x8" Evo, and get your Rx Gain and Stabilizer up as high as you can without losing your sanity haha. Yes you are going to dig some hot rocks and ground signals.

Also if you are not using an enhancer, use Boost Audio, it really helps to lift the fluffy signals.
I have to agree with Nenad that the 12x8 evo is a really good coil and will do the job of the sadie. When I put this coil on my 5000, my detector came to life!
And if you ever think your detector is too chattery with cranked up settings, use an sdc for a day or 2, then go back to your gpx!

Cheers Mick

Been running my 12x8 evo over a surfaced area of red clay recently where I have thoroughly run the 12" evo, I thought my 12" evo had cleaned it all and was getting sub .1g consistantly but the 12x8 evo has pulled smaller bits of gold, shot and tiny rust shards at 3-4" deep that the 12" evo missed, I've run the Sadie here and found tiny bits but I believe the 12x8 is hitting smaller targets deeper in the real dark red clay pockets that the other 2 coils missed. The ground is fairly flat due to being surfaced but if it was really eneven then I'd be running the Sadie for better surface coverage.

I have no doubt in my mind the 14x9" Evo and 12x8" Evo are more sensitive to small gold than the Sadie. I've proven it to myself. Unless you specifically needed a smaller coil due to terrain you'd be better off with a spiral coil. Phasetech was bang on with his comment and recommendations.

Flatwire wound coils win out every time on smaller gold, I noticed I am now getting porous gold as well where I wasn't with oem gpx coils.

Hi,Vic.the first detector I bought was a minelab sd2100,and didn't find anything until I purchased an sdc 3 years ago.from then on I found gold every two or three days in thrashed sites,my biggest being around 4.5 grams.thats when I really got the bug,they are a fun machine and you need to find gold to get you excited about the hobby otherwise you become a bit jaded!...I don't know about the Sadie coils but they do look like they do a great job on the small stuff,but I do know the sdc has found gold for me that doesn't register on my scales,fly shit but exciting when you don't find gold too often.i have actually thought about selling my sdc and buying a Sadie so I only have detector when I'm deep in the bush,but just can't convince myself I would be better off without it!..perseverance is the key mate and enjoy the walk!

I prefer to find gold first with the bigger 11" Commander coil (I mostly use the 14" Elite) and then search more closely for the tiny stuff. You can't cover enough ground to start your search with a tiny coil.

Moneybox said:
I prefer to find gold first with the bigger 11" Commander coil (I mostly use the 14" Elite) and then search more closely for the tiny stuff. You can't cover enough ground to start your search with a tiny coil.

Nothing wrong with your methods but I guess it's horses for courses .... in Vic I prefer to establish the presence of gold with the SDC and then search for potential deeper stuff with an 11 or 14 inch by clearing branches logs rocks etc .... there are too many places here that are too tight for swinging large coils effectively (without a lot of ground clearing).

Guess if I were in WA I wouldn't waste my time with any small coil.

(my Sadie is on loan to a bloke new to detecting .... at least it's given him his first few pieces, something he hadn't achieved with a large coil).

Latest posts