Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend of a relative sourced really old lures and used a copy lathe to produce them for sale... painted and packaged (a lifetime ago now).

Looking great Dave :Y:

I know a bloke who used to make his own designs on a copy lathe, quite famous in their day and collectable now. He gave it up, sold the business and went prospecting. Lives in Marybough Qld now.
Ive been making and selling lures as a hobby now for about 8 years. I make my own, and send prototypes off to be produced. Its a real cottage industry, as the well known brands cost the companies as little as 50c each when they buy 10s of thousands made in China,then sell them to us for $15-$20 each!

Was just in the shed, lol,Ive made hundreds if not thousands of lures.

Here are a few different shapes and sizes, Some deep, some shallow. All hand made by me.
1614080308_6b231270-1e54-4aa6-af7b-8565a68a8c56.jpg

Helped the mate with the shed extension yesterday .
I measured up and fitted the roller door..side posts and header plus installed the door.
This is the result of yesterdays work..
1614212427_5874f082-3ae3-4b2f-850d-d9d1de5118df.jpg

The mates father never stopped complaining that I did it wrong and should have listened to his advice.

Here is the result of when he was in charge this morning while I sat back and watched..
1614212609_6cc4ac78-1ecf-417a-848f-a17efb66054f.jpg

You cant teach old dogs who think they know everything :p

Wrong side of the line done that before.
It`s even easier when extending a level onto top of a straight edge.
Could have been the old 100mm trip either way it`s a re-hash.

Latest posts