You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 12:32 pm

I was experimenting with some ideas and seem to have come up with a new way to find gold. I am not trying to sell anything but wonder what the best way to go forward from here ? Or should I just shut up and make a better prototype ? Most of my ideas have been falures some of which I have put online here but this ones a ripper thumbsup

6 users like this post: RM Outback, pagan prospector, aussiefarmer, silver, goody2shoes, numpty

StoneTheCrows
12 August 2019 12:43 pm

Send a trusted colleague (me) the details and let them test for you. gold-nugget thumbsup wink

8 users like this post: Goldfreak, RM Outback, goody2shoes, Gunna, pagan prospector, GaryO, numpty, PRLake

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 12:54 pm

StoneTheCrows wrote:

Send a trusted colleague (me) the details and let them test for you. gold-nugget thumbsup wink

lol

RM Outback
12 August 2019 01:19 pm

Work on it Gf is it a wet or dry process, is it the actual finding of where gold is located or finding gold in a recovery process you need to do plenty of testing before you say anything. Put it through it's paces and record the results each time. Or make samples of varying weights and sizes (obviously known weights) with clean dirt IE: your salting it then check and record each test. If you use a salting process you will need to vary the dirt by trying clean samples from different locations. I'm keen to hear how you go with it.

8 users like this post: StoneTheCrows, Goldfreak, Gunna, pagan prospector, navieko, GaryO, numpty, goody2shoes

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 02:14 pm

It's to do with finding it where it is not for recovery although perhaps it could be adapted for that existing technology is better suited. Thanks for the suggestions RM Outback.

3 users like this post: pagan prospector, RM Outback, goody2shoes

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 02:17 pm

Wet or dry should not make much difference but won't know for sure until I test it on both can't say much more.

Last edited by Goldfreak (12 August 2019 02:18 pm)

3 users like this post: pagan prospector, RM Outback, goody2shoes

Ded Driver
12 August 2019 03:42 pm

Simpson already have a patent on dirt separation on the spin cycle playful goldpan

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

8 users like this post: Goldfreak, Booney, pagan prospector, Nanjim, RM Outback, LoneWolf, Moneybox, goody2shoes

Booney
12 August 2019 04:33 pm

Come on tell us more you freaking us out big_smile

3 users like this post: Goldfreak, pagan prospector, goody2shoes

Greenhornet_au
12 August 2019 05:00 pm

Truffle GOLD hunting pig

playful

Been trying to train one since I was 5yrs old, so far it has only found lots of Dark Chocolate mad

Last edited by Greenhornet_au (12 August 2019 05:02 pm)

Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3240+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and tabs) LOL

7 users like this post: Goldfreak, pagan prospector, Ded Driver, RM Outback, Ship of fools, LoneWolf, goldierocks

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 05:16 pm

Greenhornet_au wrote:

Truffle GOLD hunting pig

playful

Been trying to train one since I was 5yrs old, so far it has only found lots of Dark Chocolate mad

Gold eating animals, yeah right green hornet wink1565590539_1539780798_img_20181017_231104.jpg

5 users like this post: pagan prospector, RM Outback, Ded Driver, Deepseeker, goody2shoes

Goldfreak
12 August 2019 05:17 pm

This idea has no relation to animals btw except the human that will have to carry it.

1 user likes this post: pagan prospector

Ded Driver
12 August 2019 08:16 pm

not another gold radar awful lol lol lol lol

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

4 users like this post: Goldfreak, RM Outback, numpty, Wishfull

RM Outback
12 August 2019 09:45 pm

Thanks for the extra limited info lol thumbsup all the best with your venture sunny gold-nugget I'm keen to hear of your success in the future beer

Greenhornet_au
13 August 2019 10:17 am

Maybe its the GOLD detecting trained chickens, bonus is the eggs they lay.... all of them have GOLDEN yolks. inlove

I still think its gold sniffing pigs Goldfreak. wink

Best way to throw some one off of the trail I reckon.

Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3240+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: Goldfreak

Goldfreak
14 August 2019 12:36 pm

If you could find a way to coat your gold in the dark chocolate and not everything else I am sure your gold hunting pig idea has potential playful

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

beaul
29 January 2020 04:05 pm

what ever you do don't try and patent it. everyone will steal it. keep it as a trade secret is the best in my considerable experience.

Moneybox
29 January 2020 05:58 pm

Plenty of innovative designs have died with the inventor. During the late 70's and early 80's I was fortunate enough to have some guidance from a very talented mechanical engineer. This guy designed the machine that folds the milk carton and designed and built the CAP cranes in Victoria. I met him after his factory burned down and he moved to Queensland. He called on us one day to have work done on his crane and ended up lending us a 6T telescopic 360° truck mounted crane for a very long time. He was a giver, never asking for financial reward for anything.

This great guy had a design for a solar powered air-conditioner that he was going to give me to develop. Unfortunately I packed up and left for the west and never returned. My guess is he's died now but I have no doubt his design would have been a successful one as he was an honest hard working guy who had a history of design and production of good ideas.

I regret not staying in touch...... hmm If you've got an idea, just get it out there. There's more to life than money.

Phil, Sandra & Taz - GPX4500's, SDC2300's, White's Goldmaster GMT, Equinox 800, pans, sieves and more in a 4WD motorhome.

4 users like this post: Northeast, Gem in I, Nanjim, Wishfull

MikeB05
29 January 2020 06:42 pm

I own a golden retriever who struggles to find his ball in the small backyard. Gold sniffing pig might be the go. smile

MikeB05
Most of the gold I have found so far, comes from learning from others. SDC2300, Gold Monster 1000, Gold Rat River Sluice, Angus McKirk sluices,

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, Gem in I, Luke

20xwater
06 February 2020 08:35 am

Moneybox wrote:

Plenty of innovative designs have died with the inventor. During the late 70's and early 80's I was fortunate enough to have some guidance from a very talented mechanical engineer. This guy designed the machine that folds the milk carton and designed and built the CAP cranes in Victoria. I met him after his factory burned down and he moved to Queensland. He called on us one day to have work done on his crane and ended up lending us a 6T telescopic 360° truck mounted crane for a very long time. He was a giver, never asking for financial reward for anything.

This great guy had a design for a solar powered air-conditioner that he was going to give me to develop. Unfortunately I packed up and left for the west and never returned. My guess is he's died now but I have no doubt his design would have been a successful one as he was an honest hard working guy who had a history of design and production of good ideas.

I regret not staying in touch...... hmm If you've got an idea, just get it out there. There's more to life than money.

The tetra pak TR7 carton folding filling machine, in the job interview I was taken on tour around the milk factory, I looked at it all like a big mechano set with motors and vision sensor technology, it was awesome.
My enthusiasm got that job playful

2 users like this post: Moneybox, Mackka

Deepseeker
06 February 2020 10:59 am

Goldfreak wrote:
Greenhornet_au wrote:

Truffle GOLD hunting pig

playful

Gold eating animals, yeah right green hornet winkhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 231104.jpg

Page 27 under "Other Nuggets", in DUNOLLY GOLD By John Tully- MADA 24th Sept 1860- 2 small nuggets over 1 dwt found in the stomach of a duck on Mrs Nolan's property, Old Dunolly [Mrs Nolan lived near where the Goldsborough Railway Station was later built] big_smile

Last edited by Deepseeker (06 February 2020 11:00 am)

Try hard not to offend. Try even harder not to be offended.

Redfin
06 February 2020 03:56 pm

and another.

1580964963_capture.jpg

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300. Minelab GPZ 7000.
Current Det - Garrett ASD Groundhog. . Minelab GPX 5000. Minelab GPX 4500.

2 users like this post: Deepseeker, Mackka

Nirvanadirt
08 January 2021 08:45 pm

How's your process going GF nearly a year on? I'm new to the forum and came upon your post. Have you done any testing etc? Any results you can share or have you left it behind?
Cheers.

Dr Lex Winter
Banned
Banned
13 January 2021 09:33 pm

You have three approaches with inventions. Take it from someone who has forgotten more inventions than most people will ever have, I've been down this road many times. The first way is spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to protect your IP only to have companies in China rip it off, then try to sue each of them, only to have them burn their business papers and register ten new ones tomorrow afternoon, playing whack a mole with dirty con artists.

The second is to bring the product to market cheap and fast and undercut the Chinese for as long as you can until eventually they produce an inferior cheaper product and everyone buys that instead leaving you unable to run the factory any more and having to declare bankruptcy so that years later people say "I wonder why we can't get any high quality X anymore, only this half broken crud that doesn't work." oblivious to the fact they contributed to the destruction of the industry they now wish they had.

There is a third way which is what I do now. I give the ideas away, and alienate all alienable rights to the product. That way I can eventually purchase my product made by some fool trying to make a crust off of it who will go bankrupt in a few months anyway. And the reality is I don't end up any poorer than I would with 1 or 2, because realistically there's no way to profit from ideas anymore thanks to China stealing things.

The real question is whether your idea will work. It probably won't. If you think it's new it probably isn't. I mean heck, those 'fluid bed sluices' sold as CrocTraps and various other branded names (basically it's the same Chinese factory, just different resellers marking the $20 unit up to $300 and putting their sticker or etching on it's case) is just a boiler box that the 49ers used. There's very little truly new in this world, especially in the world of mining. But definitely make a prototype as a proof of concept for yourself at least.

Dr Lex Winter
Banned
Banned
13 January 2021 09:36 pm

Goldfreak wrote:

It's to do with finding it where it is not for recovery although perhaps it could be adapted for that existing technology is better suited. Thanks for the suggestions RM Outback.

I propose using a large amount of thermonuclear warhead detonations, gold irradiates to a higher level than most other minerals. We can then look for that irradiation signal in the field and will know exactly where all the gold is.

The best I've done so far is a home made GPR drone that I fly about areas to look at the bedrock and see if I can find any interesting terrain features that may be indicative of an old river bed or waterfall. It was a few hundred bucks of parts but well worth it. Doesn't find gold, but it shows me where there probably will be a higher amount than normal.

goldierocks
14 January 2021 03:02 pm

Dr Lex Winter wrote:
Goldfreak wrote:

I propose using a large amount of thermonuclear warhead detonations, gold irradiates to a higher level than most other minerals. We can then look for that irradiation signal in the field and will know exactly where all the gold is.

The best I've done so far is a home made GPR drone that I fly about areas to look at the bedrock and see if I can find any interesting terrain features that may be indicative of an old river bed or waterfall. It was a few hundred bucks of parts but well worth it. Doesn't find gold, but it shows me where there probably will be a higher amount than normal.

Thorium channel radiometrics often works for that - tends to be more thorium relative to uranium and potassium because of resistate accessory minerals surviving transport better.

Robert Benchley...
I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.