You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Jaros
19 November 2020 04:01 pm

Duh!! 'tis just stupidity personified. sad

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

RM Outback
19 November 2020 04:43 pm

Goldfreak wrote:

Zero cases overnight. Don't think it can last though. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … ges_93.jpg

If it doesn't I hope they stay in the single digits. Some in Victoria (Every journalist and politician) squealed like children having a party at Macca's when we recorded low numbers only to blow that out of the water the next day neutral

1 user likes this post: Goldfreak

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 08:26 am

What happened in SA could happen anywhere in Australia. SA was meant to have " gold star" quatlrantine control but defended the use of security guards who work multiple jobs???!! sad didn't we learn anything from Victoria ? WA has also defended its use of security guards working multiple jobs despite what happened in Victoria and now Adelaide. They are going to start testing staff weekly but when someone can be exposed and spread it within 24 hrs I don't see how that is going to stop any chance of leakage? I was astonished they were not tested at all and always assumed that was the case?

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 08:28 am

Also people are acting like there is a zombie apocalypse going on in Adelaide. Saw three accidents in Adelaide despite there being almost no traffic yesterday.

Manpa
20 November 2020 08:58 am

I’m sorry Goldfreak but I don’t see the problem with someone having two jobs, if he was following all the protocols regarding pipe and hand washing etc which it appears he was, he was also showing no symptoms. People need to work to survive and maybe normally the security job is his second job, there are lots of past time security workers out there.

As I see it Covid is a virus, a particularly virulent one and this particular strain has mutated and becomes infectious very quickly. If everyone attempts to do the right thing and stops playing the blame game maybe we will get on top of this quickly. Yesterday’s questioning of the police commissioner by an Advertiser journalist was a disgrace, he set about baiting the commissioner. I think as a proud South Australian we have done particularly well controlling this. How do you defend yourself against something you can’t see, smell, or feel?

Yesterday’s zero result was a good one and I hope we will be able to see the same result today. This situation is so fluid you can be as proactive as you like but there will be many times you can be nothing but reactive. Has every decision been the right one, maybe not, but imagine if no decisions at all were made and we were left to do as we please our death toll and infection rate may well be far, far worse. We rely on what we hear reported by media and after yesterday’s inane questioning by many of the media what hope do we have, they focus on negatives, what about focusing on the facts and the positive aspects.

Now more than ever before this country needs to pull together and become the Federation our forefathers established.

One of these days Ma!

1 user likes this post: Windar

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 09:11 am

Yes Manpa usually there is no problem having more than one job but in the context of controlling a viral outbreak it is definitely a big problem and has already proven to be so in Victoria. Don't get my criticism of a obvious weakness that has been exposed multiple times in our quarantine system as an attack on individual workers.
PS. If money is a problem the government should subsidise them to work the one job, one location.

Last edited by Goldfreak (20 November 2020 09:39 am)

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 09:54 am

You are right about SA doing a pretty good job but we could do better and we should learn from others mistakes too. Some people referred to as experts by the media have thrown cold water over the mutated strain argument. It could just reflect our contact tracers are doing a great job in testing people early and detecting the virus more early than usual.

Blocker
20 November 2020 12:42 pm

The Premier just put the big hammer back in the shed (or it will be by Saturday night). Some good news for S.A.

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 02:28 pm

Liar liar pizza making/security guards pants on fire ! Better an over reaction than under reaction though.

vandemon
20 November 2020 02:54 pm

I don't see how the guys bs changes the dynamic of the lock down, my opinion is that it's a worse scenario, more people to contact and probably more BS illegals. skull

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Blocker
20 November 2020 03:34 pm

Casey Briggs explained it like this on ABC News Channel.

"It would have been tricky to see how lots of cases would have come out of this pizza place through surface transmission because it is not a common vector of transmission we have seen through this pandemic anywhere in the world," Mr Briggs said.

"We have seen small numbers of cases but primarily this virus has been transmitted through droplets and close contacts of individuals, not so much through person to surface and onto another person.

"The other reason that this lock down was imposed was because of fears that the strain of this virus has a particularly fast incubation period, A lot of epidemiologists have questioned that theory.

"The Police Commissioner said in that press conference that had they known that the second case at the Woodville pizza bar was a worker there and not a customer, the State wouldn't have gone into lock down. That is really — it seems like one suspected transmission through a pizza box is what sent the State into lock down.

"Whether that is an overreaction and whether it was particularly likely that you would see lots of cases coming out of that vector of transmission is unclear."

RM Outback
20 November 2020 04:42 pm

Goldfreak wrote:

Liar liar pizza making/security guards pants on fire ! Better an over reaction than under reaction though.

Sounds like he needs a 5 knuckle pizza with the lot playful dirty filthy lying prick fistpump

1 user likes this post: numpty

Manpa
20 November 2020 04:54 pm

RM Outback wrote:
Goldfreak wrote:

Sounds like he needs a 5 knuckle pizza with the lot playful dirty filthy lying prick fistpump

Sadly I don’t think he would be the only person to lie to the contract tracing teams whether deliberately or by selective omission. To even rub further salt into our wounds the current emergency power legislation under which he is questioned does not allow for fines or prosecution forgiving false information.

One of these days Ma!

Goldfreak
20 November 2020 06:45 pm

Manpa wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Goldfreak wrote:

Sadly I don’t think he would be the only person to lie to the contract tracing teams whether deliberately or by selective omission. To even rub further salt into our wounds the current emergency power legislation under which he is questioned does not allow for fines or prosecution forgiving false information.

yes. Apparently being a lying selfish scumbag is not illegal. The police are now guarding the pizza shop. I hope they learn a lesson out of this in regards to what people might try to hide with the contact tracers. Had that woman not presented with symptoms a few days back this Virus would have exploded into our community.

Last edited by Goldfreak (20 November 2020 06:48 pm)

RM Outback
20 November 2020 10:09 pm

Don't worry we've got our fair share of lying cheating scumbags in Victoria too some contracted covid19 while others are holding government, the bastards are everywhere roll

2 users like this post: Goldfreak, numpty

Goldfreak
21 November 2020 10:22 am

It's not just the pizza guys fault. People are starting to wonder why after what happened in Victoria a similar thing was allowed to happen in SA? And could happen in other states.

Last edited by Goldfreak (21 November 2020 10:23 am)

silver
21 November 2020 10:38 am

Just shows how important it is still to sanitise your hands after extradomicile contacts.... although in the case of taking a virally contaminated pissa box into your domicile and proceeding to eat even with fully sanitised hands..... well, you can just imagine the results.

Shows a flaw in the non contact purchase system if an employee is unknowingly infected. angel

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

2 users like this post: Goldfreak, numpty

Goldfreak
21 November 2020 11:19 am

The contact tracers in SA have done a great job but it turns out the original infection they picked up was from an old lady who was in the hospital for some other problem and a young doctor noticed a slight cough she had so decided to swab her and found the covid. Now to me that is just really lucky and well done to the young doctor.

2 users like this post: Wishfull, silver

Manpa
21 November 2020 11:49 am

As many people show no symptoms, there will be more than one lucky pick up throughout the course of this virus.

One of these days Ma!

2 users like this post: Goldfreak, silver

PeterInSa
21 November 2020 12:02 pm

2 days ago sent the item below to the SA Premier and just in case his minders stopped him getting it also to the leader of the opposition. It details a covid test that can be done in as little as 15 minutes, I suggested that all support staff at medi hotels have this test done prior to end of shift each day, rather than the planned weekly test.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … ross-world

2 users like this post: Goldfreak, silver

Manpa
21 November 2020 01:20 pm

Self amended

Last edited by Manpa (21 November 2020 01:21 pm)

One of these days Ma!

Goldfreak
21 November 2020 01:24 pm

perfect

Last edited by Goldfreak (21 November 2020 01:53 pm)

Adrian ss
21 November 2020 04:04 pm

Manpa wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Goldfreak wrote:

Adrian SS
Somebody phones in a hoax bomb threat, they go to jail when caught......You phone in a hoax virus bomb threat, what is the difference? both cause massive emergency reactions that cost hundred of thousands of dollars and tons of social disruption.

Goldfreak
23 November 2020 11:47 am

SA opposition is calling for quarantine stations to be moved to out back. City based quarantine hotels should have always been a temporary measure imo. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.watoda … 56gr9.html here is an expert I have some reservations about but on this point I think she is spot on. https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/ … e/12886556

1 user likes this post: OzzieAu

goldtrapper
23 November 2020 03:30 pm

About time.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site