You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

staples61
16 September 2020 09:15 am

happyenough wrote:
Booney wrote:

That’s a whole heap of negativity you got there , based on conspiracy theories.
Not a healthy outlook at all .
You need to talk to someone.

Yep fed shite and kept in the dark poop

Victoria has the largest mushroom farms in the western world per capita so it seems ops

Yep called Parwan Valley Mushrooms near Bacchus Marsh big_smile

1 user likes this post: happyenough

Teemore
16 September 2020 11:38 am

BigWave wrote:

I will be first in-line if it proves to be safe and even mildly effective - had the flu shot in May and that is only mildly effective (~46%), although it didn't cover all flu strains - only the most common predicted for 2020. It may be way higher for the covered flu strains.

I'll be in the queue right behind you ......

That flu data is for the USA, might be different in Oz ..... also for old farts (like me) there's a higher dose available, Quad something or other, stronger than the normal shot and free for seniors.

Just wonder what our TB (tuberculosis) rates would be like if the anti vaxers were around back when compulsory chest X-rays had to be done every couple of years.

Cheers T.

If you don't stand for something ..... You'll fall for anything !!
To be old and wise you must first be young and foolish.

1 user likes this post: BigWave

Jaros
16 September 2020 12:19 pm

I actually had a shot at Chemist Warehouse then 2 weeks later a seniors shot at the GP's. Didn't bother him at all. I'm still functioning which to me is important... smile smile

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: BigWave

diggit
16 September 2020 03:48 pm

Here's a question for the forum, excuse the track athletics refernce.....

Who, in their right mind, would run a 750 metre race and run hard for over 700 metres and then, as they are most of the way down the final straight, leading by the smallest of margins,then decide to slow down and then stop 5 metres before the finish line and still believe the race was won?

Losers and lunatics, that's who.

As the finish line approaches you dig deeper, try harder, embrace the suffering and kick on.

To win the race you don't just run to the finish line but you run past the finish line.

Our finish line should be zero cases of covid19 for three weeks imho.

Why we would be happy to run hard for almost 800 metres and then give up, through fatigue, instead of digging deeper for the home stretch, to beat our opponent, seize victory and claim gold.

We are on the home straight but our opponent is not yet done.

We must find it within ourselves to try even harder now in these final steps and kick on.

If we aim for 10 cases or less, 5 cases or less instead of Zero cases then we must not get cocky or arrogant enough to belive that we have won. By then we will have won NOTHING,. We will, ultimately have achieved sweet Fanny Adams. Dig deeper, try harder, kick on and win the race.

Do not concede to your opponent at the finish line.

Learn from the people below, dont get cocky. We are within 50 metres of the line..

We are indeed in a race...we must be smart, be courageous and Kick on, beat the virus, win the race..just like this good Aussie fair dinkum bloke

5 users like this post: Booney, BigWave, Dave law, OzzieAu, silver

silver
17 September 2020 02:38 pm

You may find the opponent to be political rather than viral until the line gets crossed hmm

Wait until we have it beat and whilst resting on our laurels they open the international borders before the rest of the world catches up... and they will sad .... just wait and see devil

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

diggit
17 September 2020 06:29 pm

silver wrote:

You may find the opponent to be political rather than viral until the line gets crossed hmm

Wait until we have it beat and whilst resting on our laurels they open the international borders before the rest of the world catches up... and they will sad .... just wait and see devil

I fear you will be proven correct. The clamour to open up to international students so the arse doesn't completely fall out of the apartment 'buy to let' market hugely populated by mom and pop investors is growing louder by the hour. No students, no tenants, distressed mortgages, negative equity and so on. Long term vacancy rates across Melbourne have never been higher I believe.

1 user likes this post: silver

Ridge Runner
23 September 2020 12:32 pm

Over there has been a spike and the young were blaming the older folks for the spread but it was spread by the teens 20/30 year olds having Rave parties, But the truth is the age groups of those infected are between their late teens to early 40's, Which kicks their BS out the door,

They have bought in new lockdown measures and restrictions across the Country and they say they will not be lifting these measures for at leased 6 month, For me That pi$$es me off because by that time I will have been in lockdown for around 14 months without seeing anyone from my family, and all because the selfish little bastards who want to get Stoned or pissed etc and there are million here just like me who are having to self isolate because of the selfishness of the young. devil devil devil

Last edited by Ridge Runner (23 September 2020 12:32 pm)

AKA, Fridge Runner.... Ted Bullpit for PM

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Gpx5000
Banned
Banned
23 September 2020 12:45 pm

But over there, people are going overseas on holiday and don't have to quarantine on return, it's not just the selfish kids, seems a lot of people from all age groups are being selfish.
Also, the UK don't have the police force to enforce rules.....time to bring in the military, me thinks.

Ridge Runner
23 September 2020 01:07 pm

Gpx5000 wrote:

But over there, people are going overseas on holiday and don't have to quarantine on return, it's not just the selfish kids, seems a lot of people from all age groups are being selfish.
Also, the UK don't have the police force to enforce rules.....time to bring in the military, me thinks.

People do have to self isolate if they have been to countries with rising CV-19 figures and the Police are doing their bit and the GOV are also adding another 20,000 police to fill the gaps and people are being fined etc

And the people who are going over seas are mainly 20 to 40+ year olds and anyone who has been to a country that has a higher infection rate than the Low infection rate that the UK "DID" have had to self Isolate for 14 days,

The blame for this latest outbreak clearly belongs to those who were running and going to illegal rave parties, In one of my other posts I clearly said when the raves happened QUOTE "You Watch in 3 or 4 Week there will be a big rise in CV-19 cases" and It has happened within that Time, This rise has not come from those who went to other countries because those people have had to self isolate or face Arrest.

The Blame lies with the Young, Period.

LoneWolf
23 September 2020 10:22 pm

At least you have plenty of Fridges to fill with food RR.... Time to bunker down... again... roll argh

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Goldfreak
24 September 2020 07:59 am

Did you get a chance to go anywhere during summer Ridge Runner ? With the situation in Europe don't think I will be visiting anytime soon. If I was in the UK or a Victorian for that matter I would be really grumpy. Although Victoria seems to have a better chance of getting it under control.

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, goody2shoes

Ridge Runner
24 September 2020 11:36 am

Goldfreak wrote:

Did you get a chance to go anywhere during summer Ridge Runner ? With the situation in Europe don't think I will be visiting anytime soon. If I was in the UK or a Victorian for that matter I would be really grumpy. Although Victoria seems to have a better chance of getting it under control.

No, when they eased the lockdown I was planning my trip and then Scotland went in to lockdown and that halted that and I waited for that to ease and then they bought in more lockdowns through other parts I was going to be traveling through, So now it has become a case of waiting for a gap in restrictions so I can go, Trouble is the UK is a small Island so no matter if it is CV-19 or the Weather it greatly effects the outcome of events.

Then I tested my battery setup and I need to solve that because having too many batteries might give me long run time but without the sunlight hours creates a charging problem,

2 users like this post: Goldfreak, goody2shoes

Ridge Runner
24 September 2020 11:39 am

LoneWolf wrote:

At least you have plenty of Fridges to fill with food RR.... Time to bunker down... again... roll argh

LW...

Yeah I got 2 of them fired up in the lounge room and I have just started stocking up, Still haven't run out of toilet rolls that I bought back at the beginning of the year and the Canned food is holding up well, thumbsup

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, goody2shoes

BigWave
24 September 2020 08:02 pm

Hey RR.
What do you do to stay physically and mentally active?
Sounds like you've got the lock-down at least as bad as Melbourne.

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, goody2shoes

Ridge Runner
24 September 2020 10:22 pm

BigWave wrote:

Hey RR.
What do you do to stay physically and mentally active?
Sounds like you've got the lock-down at least as bad as Melbourne.

I walk to the local supermarket every so often, The mental part is the killer with this lockdown but in the first 2 weeks I started setting up all my gear to see what works and what don't and just fine tuning every thing to go in the Van/camper,

I sorted which fridge is going to be the best one for the job and as far as batteries go, Having the 3x 110Ah is all very well and will run the fridge for weeks but it is next to useless over here due to the charging time needed and even with a 35A Charger still won't fully charge the 3 batteries powered by the Genny within 1 or 2 tanks of fuel because being deep cycle FLA's they don't seem to want to except more than 17Ah Max, So now I am testing out just using 2 of them and if that don't work then it's down to buying Lithium or Lead Crystal batteries, These tests have taken weeks to do which although it's a PIA it has helped to stay chilled since they started having lockdowns,

If you can keep busy the time fly's by and no matter what they say on the news has very little impact on daily life, I keep my self to my self and I have not seen anyone I know since February 22nd,

My advise to any one who is getting restless is to start playing with your Gizmo's and Gadgets that you like and start making up tests because it will give you something to do and also lessen the chance of snapping at the Wife or Kids etc, Even if it is pointless it will still make for a happy home life Ay, thumbsup

EDIT, Oh and if anyone lives alone while your playing with your toys put the TV or the radio On for some background noise and avoid leaving it on the news channel for too long,

Last edited by Ridge Runner (24 September 2020 10:28 pm)

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, BigWave

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site