high banker 3rd build triple classify

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
1391388348_img_20140203_114322.jpg

Triple classifying homemade banker. Made from scrap peices. Can't wait to get it out, build time so far 16 hours. Adjustable spray bar (forward and back) takes classifying plates in top box (made half inch to 3mm) depending on material, pump@ 16500 lph, classifying mesh inserted at top box can be as large or small as you like, over burden to rear of machine (i use a wheelbarrow on site to carry it away) separate hopper to bolt on yet, and front mounted 1mm stainless tray (not shown) with interchangeable plates to strain water for recirculation. Happy man about now.bunnings for a couple of little things two hours work and testing. Hope it works aswell a my little machine.

Great little build mate,....be keen to get some reports back when you get it out in the field.

Cheers Wal.

Been a bit frustrating, tweaking here and there, up sizing puts you in problem solving mode pretty quickly. I've four mats for panning, bulk keen to see how it went. No losses in the tailings so far but yet to put in where some real gold is about, but produced some colour in the top box so it's a start. Bread crate is the next addition before putting collected colour through it, but work week might delay that more than id like.

Put a tarp under the outlet of your sluice to catch all the tailings, as any gold getting through will immediately work its way below the tailings and into the ground below. You will "never" recover this any other way. ;)

I never really thought to do that....seems easier than what I've been doing. To check and be sure i set up a reticulated system back to a 100litre stainless trough and dredge pump out onto a large classifying screen (removing the water) and finally into a square 1.5 x1.5 metre (modelled like the pyramid pan or rota pan style) trapping anything substantial which i pan out. Id love a blue bowl or spiral wheel, they are on the wish list. It's alot of effort i guess but testing is paramount.

Side note here the material is heavy white and orange pipeclay that becomes a nightmare sludge, but the ironstone and quartz mixes i do more regularly would sit a tarp better. Cheers Wal.