Beach, Park, Relic hunting Shovels / Spades - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkAllen said:
I thought it wilould be better than using my hands ha ha.
Definitely better than using your hands Mark and for $8.50 if it doesn't work out well no big loss.Should be great to pop into the backpack to hike into a spot.Give it a go mate.

Hi,

I was considering one of those, but still use a traditional pick, it's hard to go to anything else, since the pick seems to cop a hiding with tough rocks and it survives 5 years so far.

My question has always been how to carry the thing. The detector is enough to manage, but the pick is indispensable. With the pick, found target within 3 minutes. Without it, i was hacking away with small hand spade for 30 minutes. Target was rusty old miners can. Nearby area was covered in it's pieces scattered by it's pieces broken up. So I collected every piece and added it to the big garbage bag i haul out of the bush each time i go out.

Seems like the pick is just too clumsy to carry and slows me down. Not sure what to do about this, it's the bane of my equipment.

Latest posts