Minelab Gold Monster 1000 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have normal battery charger's, plug in to 240v, mains,

But when I plug my battery's to be recharge the light stays on red , I through it is ment to change to green when fully charged,

Thinking I will take it and plug it in to my 12 v on the caravan to see if that will work or not,

Goody :)

G'day guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a gm1000 canvas screen protector & arm cover from?
I've had a bit of a search but cant find much in Aus.

Thanks & happy digging,
Westy :goldpan:

Westy said:
G'day guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a gm1000 canvas screen protector & arm cover from?
I've had a bit of a search but cant find much in Aus.

Thanks & happy digging,
Westy :goldpan:
Check out gold monster facebook page a bloke on there makes them

Thanks heaps Ded Driver, ill grab one of those. Not really needed but i just want one.
Cheers :goldpan:

Hello all. After some advice for using the gold Monster in the Adelaide hills. It's my first detector and used it twice up at Jupiter creek. It's makes heaps of noise but haven't found a thing with it. I understand it's going to be a long process but any tips on settings etc would be fantastic.
Cheers mick.

There are some good threads on here regarding the GM & settings. Hit the search at top of screen & you will find a bit.
The GM is a jittery twittery little Monster but light & easy to use. Run it in manual & knock it down a notch or two if needed in mineralised ground. If your ground is really bad you wont get it quiten down unless you knock the sensitivity down to 'unconscious' :playful:
oh, and, whilst some people reckon you dont need to ground balance often, I find in varaible ground it is the best thing to do

100% on above advice. Pump the coil regularly.

Jupiter Ck is very mineralised, especially the lower half. Maybe stick to Chapel Hill while you are learning the unit.

Thanks guys. I know I got a lifetime of learning in front of me. Will def give chapel Hill a go. I've read to dig every target whilst learning the machine but if I did that at JC I would have to turn the place upside down.
I just loved getting out bush with the family, if I can find some Yella even better then.

Thanks guys. I know I got a lifetime of learning in front of me. Will def give chapel Hill a go. I've read to dig every target whilst learning the machine but if I did that at JC I would have to turn the place upside down.
I just loved getting out bush with the family, if I can find some Yella even better then.

Thanks for the advice on chapel Hill phase tech. Spent couple hours wondering and having a swing every now and then. Definitely alot nicer ground then Jupiter creek. Managed to find a couple prices of junk so I'm happy. Will be heading back there soon.

Latest posts