You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

jessicaaa
Banned
Banned
13 March 2019 06:51 pm

Hey my names Jessica and I am in NSW, after watching various videos on both metal detecting and prospecting I feel like I wanna give either a go. I’m 19 and am interested in coin, beach and definitely some good fever ? any knowledge you can share with me would be greatly appreciated either through my email or kik if ya use it ? just ask and yeah ? looking forward to this hopefully becoming a main hobby and hope to learn as much as I can.

4 users like this post: DropBear, aussiefarmer, Jaros, mudgee hunter

Ded Driver
13 March 2019 07:03 pm

Hi Jess welcome (again) wink
if you dont have a detector yet, then do a bit of research before you buy. There are many detectors on the market, but 2 basic 2 types. VLF & PI.
have a read thru the 'For Sale' section & you will find some examples of what various machines sell for 2nd hand.
For gold detecting you generally need a PI, a VLF for almost all else, but a PI will work on coin, relics etc if setup correctly.
be very cautious when buying due to a lot of fakes around
good luck & have fun gold-nugget goldpan pickshovel thumbsup
DED

APLA member, GPX4000, SD2100 Modded, ML Xterra 705 Dual Pack, GM1000, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

jessicaaa
Banned
Banned
13 March 2019 07:19 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

Hi Jess welcome (again) wink
if you dont have a detector yet, then do a bit of research before you buy. There are many detectors on the market, but 2 basic 2 types. VLF & PI.
have a read thru the 'For Sale' section & you will find some examples of what various machines sell for 2nd hand.
For gold detecting you generally need a PI, a VLF for almost all else, but a PI will work on coin, relics etc if setup correctly.
be very cautious when buying due to a lot of fakes around
good luck & have fun gold-nugget goldpan pickshovel thumbsup
DED

Hey DED, was hoping there would be someway I could contact you so I can send you potential detectors that I might buy, understand if you don’t want to but would be appreciated as I’ll have no clue as t how it’s a fake etc ? thanks

goody2shoes
13 March 2019 07:32 pm

Just post it up on hear.. Someone will let you no if it is fake or not...

Goody

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, Ded Driver

jessicaaa
Banned
Banned
13 March 2019 07:34 pm

goody2shoes wrote:

Just post it up on hear.. Someone will let you no if it is fake or not...

Goody

Ok cool as thanks ?

LoneWolf
13 March 2019 07:48 pm

Welcome Jessicaaa, .... As what DED said, Beware, there are a lot of fakes out there... There are a few topics on here about Fake Detectors... If you go to buy a used Minelab, get the serial number first and you can do a search through minelab to see if it is a fake or worse Stolen... No serial number don't buy it... Or if the seller seems reluctant to give you the number.. Don't buy it...
It also depends on what you want to do with it or more to the point, Find... Certain Detectors are good for Gold, Certain Detectors are good for Coin and Relic hunting...

Plenty of advise on here and take your time in your purchase... Don't rush into things... Some Detectors are quite hard to learn... That's about all I can offer you as im not into Gold... Rocks, Minerals and Gems are my Fetish... big_smile ....unfortunately they haven't invented a Detector for Gems yet... sad

LW.... koala

Last edited by LoneWolf (13 March 2019 07:59 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Ded Driver, goody2shoes

diggit
13 March 2019 07:55 pm

Welcome and good luck in your hunt thumbsup

Any questions, dont be too shy to ask. Everyday's a schoolday and we're all still learning smile

gold-nugget sunny pickshovel trophy

Last edited by diggit (13 March 2019 07:55 pm)

2 users like this post: Ded Driver, goody2shoes

BHM14
13 March 2019 09:19 pm

Know a scammer when I see one. Don’t waste your time in providing advice. Prospecting for something other than gold and gems. Mods should close this one down.

Minelab GPX4500 Evo 17x13, SD2000

2 users like this post: pinfire opals, savage bitter

Tathradj
13 March 2019 09:48 pm

Watching. Already have had a few reports. perfect perfect

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

5 users like this post: 7.62marksman, goody2shoes, Sushi, AngerManagement, pinfire opals

Northeast
13 March 2019 10:01 pm

C'mon guys, just a newbie looking for some advice wink

If you're in Sydney there are plenty of beaches that see some big numbers. Plenty of things get lost.

Equinox 600 would see you well on the way.

Buy new from a reputable dealer (PhaseTech or ToysNThings on here for example) and then you'll have no issues with fakes.

Best of luck thumbsup

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

DropBear
13 March 2019 10:08 pm

What made her a scammer? She was a young girl who was keen?

1 user likes this post: ctxkid

Rockhunter62
13 March 2019 10:37 pm

What happened to the avatar?

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

1 user likes this post: DropBear

aussiefarmer
13 March 2019 10:57 pm

This forum can be a strange place to navigate at first, we do get scammers on here and asking for personal contact shortly after joining does make alarm bells ring.
Welcome to a great hobby , read through some of the forum and you will see its full of helpful topics and great people.
Good luck.

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

1 user likes this post: silver

silver
13 March 2019 11:13 pm

Rockhunter62 wrote:

What happened to the avatar?

Cheers

Doug

She looks more like BHM14 and a few others on hete now..... fitting in big_smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

silver
13 March 2019 11:14 pm

I meant here........ yikes

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Northeast

Smoky bandit
14 March 2019 07:22 am

Doesnt take much to be labeled a scammer.
Geez sad

No pain No gain..

peterau
14 March 2019 08:13 am

Lost me, clear as mud. zzz

Love searching for GOLD and also GOLD and at other times GOLD

jessicaaa
Banned
Banned
15 March 2019 08:45 am

Just wanna clarify I’m not scamming I’ve only asked for advice and promoted a chat I made on kik which was shot down straight away and I find it extremely rude to think people are judging me as a “scammer” when they don’t even know me.

10 users like this post: kemjak57, AussieChris, Smoky bandit, DropBear, Rockhunter62, diggit, RM Outback, Eldorado, pinfire opals, aussiefarmer

HoudiniHarry
15 March 2019 09:04 am

Moving on, what detectors are you looking at? and what are you looking for?
This will usually determine your detector.

For example a gold detector is fundamentally different to a coin detector. Along with the price.

Loads of post already on the forum just use the find button.

1552600928_find.jpg

Or ask. As Northeast suggested a nox 600 would be a really good start for under a $1k.
The next stage is research. It is hard to find good areas with a lot of research or local knowledge.

Cheers

HH

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500, Equinox 800 and SDC2300

2 users like this post: aussiefarmer, RM Outback

AussieChris
15 March 2019 09:15 am

She just sounds like she is super enthusiastic, shot out of a cannon and just needs a push in the right direction. Kids these days do everything by social media (Kik) We might not understand them but I don’t think Jessicaaa is a scammer.

We are turning into a bunch of jaded old buggers. Gotta remember what it was like finding your first silver or first nugget. I still get giddy finding old silvers, I must find $50 in $1/$2 for every silver so it’s still a big deal for me.

Best thing for her to do is save up grab a Nox 600 and hit a popular beach, see what turns up. Work the towel lines and cuts after rough weather.
Parks and sports fields, just be caureful of local council rules. Disturb the ground as little as possible.

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

6 users like this post: Smoky bandit, Northeast, Rockhunter62, aussiefarmer, pinfire opals, RM Outback

Swinging & digging
15 March 2019 05:12 pm

aussiefarmer wrote:

This forum can be a strange place to navigate at first, we do get scammers on here and asking for personal contact shortly after joining does make alarm bells ring.
Welcome to a great hobby , read through some of the forum and you will see its full of helpful topics and great people.
Good luck.

I noticed around 4 years ago, on Australian gold forums was a huge increase in new female members?
I suspect some may have been existing members, creating new profiles and faking been a newbie, to
get assistance, and location information on possible areas to go hunting.

RM Outback
15 March 2019 05:43 pm

jessicaaa wrote:

Just wanna clarify I’m not scamming I’ve only asked for advice and promoted a chat I made on kik which was shot down straight away and I find it extremely rude to think people are judging me as a “scammer” when they don’t even know me.

Good on you for setting it straight jessicaaa :Y:to be honest I had some doubts, not any more big_smile. Have a look at the members meet up at Hill End if the timing suits, you'll learn a bit and meet other members thumbsup there good fun no matter your age. Might be worth checking out if there's a prospecting / gem club near you to go along and meet more like minded people. These are good places to learn and chat about the regulations as to the do's and don'ts so you can enjoy your time without being troubled smile hopefully sad

5 users like this post: Tathradj, Wishfull, goody2shoes, limpalot, pinfire opals

jessicaaa
Banned
Banned
16 March 2019 04:42 pm

How’s everyone doing

1 user likes this post: DropBear

Wishfull
16 March 2019 05:59 pm

We're doing okay. How are you doing smile

Ancient 1996 Garret Scorpion gold stinger, Minelab SDC2300, Equanox 800, Detecnix wader Li pinpointer, home made pick, 750 mm Walco pick, understanding wife, most of the time.

HoudiniHarry
16 March 2019 06:11 pm

going okay going out tomorrow. first time in ages hopefully shoulder goes okay and i find some gold

what detectors are you looking at?

cheers hh

Last edited by HoudiniHarry (16 March 2019 06:12 pm)

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500, Equinox 800 and SDC2300

3 users like this post: Wishfull, ctxkid, Northeast

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site