You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

davetheaviator
13 October 2018 11:41 am

Hi,
I have a xterra dual pack looking to go and have a swing around local parks. I’m in western Sydney Windsor area any suggestions as I’m new haven’t used it yet and would like to find something anything..
cheers
Dave

XTerra 705, Go-Find 44, River Sluice, Panning & just love being in the bush....

ctxkid
13 October 2018 02:03 pm

pick a park ,any park, don't dig playing fields , make the smallest possible hole/plug
get a pinpointer (makes for accurate plugs)
only use a hand trowel or digging tool such as a Tyger heart
leave the ground as best you can to as close to how you found it , always refill/replug your hole
happy hunting

.......................Such is life, Bucket list coin 1964 Rams Head.........................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

3 users like this post: Mackka, crustydog, Ramjet

Mackka
13 October 2018 02:15 pm

Great advice Ctxkid.
Mackka

1 user likes this post: ctxkid

davetheaviator
13 October 2018 06:54 pm

Thanks heaps for the advice.. will see how I go

XTerra 705, Go-Find 44, River Sluice, Panning & just love being in the bush....

Wrecka67
15 October 2018 06:36 am

Wear Hivis , act as if you have a purpose being there

1 user likes this post: crustydog

James 5
27 October 2018 12:12 pm

[Howdy , I was planing to give a park up my street a swing here in the northern subs of Melbourne, can a goldmonster be used for tresure detecting or am I waisting my time . Also is it ok to do so , I'm not to good with finding info on the forum yet . I have my miners rights, I've had for a couple years as I like my panning but now have this detector I'm keen to learn while I can't get away up in the gold fields. ?

ctxkid
27 October 2018 01:23 pm

James 5 wrote:

[Howdy , I was planing to give a park up my street a swing here in the northern subs of Melbourne, can a goldmonster be used for tresure detecting or am I waisting my time . Also is it ok to do so , I'm not to good with finding info on the forum yet . I have my miners rights, I've had for a couple years as I like my panning but now have this detector I'm keen to learn while I can't get away up in the gold fields. ?

you will dig way to much ground up with the monster roll cry ops not good in park environments awful thumbsdown

better off with a machine that will give you a tid and a tone cool power power and learn what it tells you rainbow

you will still dig crap cry but not to the same scale as you would with no discrimination pickshovel

dont forget smallest possible plug power refilled when you finished cool an take ya crap with you poop

help to keep the parks open by doing the right thing sunny

happy park hunting James

Last edited by ctxkid (27 October 2018 01:24 pm)

.......................Such is life, Bucket list coin 1964 Rams Head.........................
Oldest Copper coin 1799 left seated half penny, Oldest Silver 1834 Shilling

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Flowerpot, AngerManagement

7.62marksman
27 October 2018 01:49 pm

i have a gm 1000 and i will agree totally with ctxkid on what he says
i have now got a go-find 40 and find i dig very few holes now as the monster will pick up everything (or maybe i just need to learn how to use it lol)

Last edited by 7.62marksman (27 October 2018 01:49 pm)

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

1 user likes this post: ctxkid

jamieh
07 November 2018 09:39 pm

Hi Dave.

Did you have any luck in your search around the Hawkesbury?

Im from Richmond and have just got an equinox 600 so am hoping to start doing some searching around the area.

Love to hear what you have found and maybe we will cross paths one day

Regards

Jamie

1 user likes this post: Flowerpot

Ramjet
08 November 2018 01:29 am

Windsor is an OLD area. Should be plenty of great sites. Have a look on TROVE. It has old maps, newspapers etc all digitized. You can research as to what events etc happened in your area. Any park, oval, showground etc will have a long history. People sent much more time outdoors than we "modern people" do.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

1 user likes this post: crustydog

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site