You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Ridge Runner
Banned
Banned
22 July 2018 02:08 pm

So your one has a 7 digit serial number, Have you bothered to Contact first Texas about the numbers and the packaging etc, You need to contact them ASAP and show them the machine and close up details of the box because they can give ebay a big serve and they carry more clout than you and that will speed things up, then it will get sorted.

Last edited by Ridge Runner (22 July 2018 02:17 pm)

Dig em all,

Hydrocarbon
22 July 2018 02:40 pm

Thanks for your input Ridge Runner
I think the serial is only 6 digits. It also matches the electronic serial displayed when you turn it on.
I have passed on some relevant details to Fisher Labs US email address with my contact details if they would like to take it further.
I am guessing the way EBAY sees it now is that I do not have proof it is counterfeit, which to be fair, at the moment I don't have qualified evidence at this point and the whole issue will go away if I return it and get a refund.

Maldon Gold Centre
26 July 2018 03:49 pm

Hydrocarbon wrote:

Thanks for your input Ridge Runner
I think the serial is only 6 digits. It also matches the electronic serial displayed when you turn it on.
I have passed on some relevant details to Fisher Labs US email address with my contact details if they would like to take it further.
I am guessing the way EBAY sees it now is that I do not have proof it is counterfeit, which to be fair, at the moment I don't have qualified evidence at this point and the whole issue will go away if I return it and get a refund.

The ONLY way to be sure is for the unit to be inspected, some of the copies are quite good.

The best way to be sure you're not getting a counterfeit is to only buy from an authorised dealer. There are so many counterfeit detectors around of most makes that some companies now forbid their sale on eBay and Amazon.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, XP, QED, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - 7 Days Per Week - Best Price Guarantee - Ph: 1300 575 707

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site